Another new board, another new guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chop509

Infamous Dirty '34
Hey guys,
I got a heads-up from Tripper about this new site.
It appears that there are mostly ship jumpers from KB.
Thought I would signup and see how this site goes (like I needed another message board to keep me out of the garage :cool:)!

welcome and yes i jumped ship. i was lost earlier today when i could not get my rod fix........ that did not sound right. kb is cool but i want to see how this turns out.

Welcome!

Chop,
Welcome... glad u could make it! Look around & let me know if u something, something won't work or u have a suggestion. Good to see u ovr here! Kikk u're boots up & make yourself @ home! Feel free to invite anyone u choose!

BoB

Chop 509,
Glad you made it.....

Yes, I jumped ship. One to the other... I don't think this one will be going that same direction...

Your not new, your one of the old guys.:D

Hows it going Chop?

I couldnt hardly keep up with KB now this one:eek: love the rust tho,

Hows your truck coming?

Hey dog,

Old? don't remind me 50 is just weeks away :mad: (not dealing well with that)!

Thanks for asking, the ’34 is getting close to start driving for the season.
As it was, it could have been driven, but she had a lot of little issues that I wanted to change:
1. Replaced the plexiglass rear window with glass.
2. Doors were badly out of alignment, adjusted the hinges, replaced the pins and jamb bumpers. They aren’t perfect but a whole lot better.
3. Ditched the Buick taillights for some repo Model A’s.
4. Welded up a lot of holes, and replaced the lower portion of both front stake pockets on the bed.
5. I’m installing turn signals and using Harley Davidson units and one of the old type column mounted switches.
6. Fabbing up some header baffles out of some glass packs I scored on Ebay (should have finished up this week).
7. Striping a lot of the flaking paint off of it.
After I get these things finished up, a little clean up, and I’m driving her.
Next winter complete tear down for some major mods.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back