engine swap

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronco

does any one know of a good place to get engine swap kits for a 48 ford f3? straight six.:confused:

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but try Chassis Engineering. They sell multiple kits for engine and trans mounts. Good luck.....CR

Hey Bronco,

Quote: put a different engine into the f3 that has a straight six.

Tell us what you are looking for? Like your trying to put a V6 in the truck or a Diesel, or a aircooled vw motor, or a ect,ect,ect........
We can't tell you where to find the information that your looking for without a little more input.

Sorry for being so blunt.

blunt is good, I'm looking for opinions, i have an international straight six sitting in the shop out of a 67 2.5 ton truck, and also an international 345 v8 out of a 69 2.5 ton truck setting in the shop. these are the engines i have. but i want to know what you guys would do.

well, my opinion is to use motor and transmission out of the same rig-it makes things alot easier(usually cheaper too!) as far as the motors you mentioned both prob. had std. trans 4 speeds which might actually be a good choice for the 1 ton you have...as i assume it was a 4 spd as well....
there isn't gonna be alot of options for international motors, but as far as swaps INTO ford trucks there should be alot of info out there for that....
also remember things like wiring-the old ford was a 6 volt system the IH prob 12V, also the radiator will need the hose outlets on the correct sides for whatever motor you use....lots of stuff to consider besides just bolting in a motor i recommend a google search, or something like it.....there are alot of people here that can help but you need to do your own homework, since it's gonna be you out in the shop turning the wrenches;)

Latest posts

Back