'41-'46 Chevy truck hood

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of them. Not sure if it is economical to ship one. They are kind of awkward shaped. Unless I can disassemble the dang thing. Haven't really looked at it that close.
Both are a little banged up, but not really that bad. No trim. Handles and latches are there. Both are blasted.

Let me know if interested. I will try to get some pics up shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_154554859.jpg
    IMG_20170518_154554859.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20170518_154410009.jpg
    IMG_20170518_154410009.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20170518_154428552.jpg
    IMG_20170518_154428552.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Looks good to me Skip.:cool: Yep probably need to separate the two halves and lay one in the other to ship. I can cover your time and materials for handling too. Can you get a weight and see what shipping would be? Actually, shipping big awkward parts by bus seems to work well.

Looks good to me Skip.:cool: Yep probably need to separate the two halves and lay one in the other to ship. I can cover your time and materials for handling too. Can you get a weight and see what shipping would be? Actually, shipping big awkward parts by bus seems to work well.
On it. Hood is 36 lbs, so add a box. Under 30x60x10. Checking with Greyhound and others on costs.

It came apart easier than I expected. Didn't have to fire up the torch or anything. :D[ddd

Hoods... we don't need no stinkin' hoods!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB
Tripper, Don't be talkin' like that when I have hoods for sale. :D

I got one more. Anybody need it? Got a couple 38/9 Ford PU hoods, too, and a 37 Willys car hood. Come on guys. Hoods are cool. :D

Hey!!!!! E-man....did I miss something? you can't just ask for a
hood and not show us what it's going on....[ddd:D

I'm nosey too. What are you up to?

Wow just when i am thinking i have reached the age where i am no longer relevant....:)

Well 3 or 4 weeks ago i found a '42 Chevy PU on craigs with a brand new 350 crate engine and the radiator mounted in the back out of the way. Have been looking for something to put an ac in so i can have a suitably old and rusty all season daily driver and this should work fine. The hood will keep the AZ sun from rotting the hoses and belts. Makes me happy that y'all were interested. :D

E-man, E-man, E-man, you've shown us a lot of arm waving, asides and sleight of hand stuff, but NO pictures of the 'said' truck, yet.
Some of the guys on here will think that, if there's no pics, it didn't happen.

I was waiting to make all my changes before putting up a foto. The previous owner had much different tastes than i do. Really embarrassing driving it home with a 6 pack epoxied to the top of the grille. :rolleyes:
It'll grow on ya'. Just takes a while.

Hope at least it was Budweiser. :D

Latest posts

Back