kids

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
come on guys, they will come around. My dad tried to give me a 50 chev pickup, 6 inch chop, slammed down, and I wanted a volkswagen, imagine that. I came around to rods about ten years later. Still into volkswagen some, but kinda got bored and decided to move on.

I have a 2 1/2 year old little girl and she is into my cars but really because she just follows me around, which is fine. I ocassionally buy wrecks and other cars to fix and sell and I brought home a black 99 cougar that she loves and she tells everyone its her car. I sit her in my lap and we drive around the back yard sometimes for half an hour and I told her I was ready to sell it and she says "huh, daddy, sell my black car?" I think I broke her little heart.LOL
See ya guys, Scott

My daughter either. I teied to imprint her. I took her mom snowmobiling until about a week before she was born and took her with me from the time she was 13 days old. She doesn't like old stuff and noise.

Don't get me started!

You'd think at at least one of mine would be into it, but it just isn't so. I had hoped to be building a hot rod for my oldest son right now as a father/son project. He's not interested at all. I guess I'm the end of the line as the son of a, son of a hot rodder.

My Great Grandfather probably wouldn't be happy about it. RIP

I think everyone who has kids just needs to try introducing them to different kinds of cars. Nobody in my family has an interest in cars, and I can't get enough of them. I got interested first with lowriders. So just because they aren't into the Rats it doesn't mean they don't like any other cars.

My niece is 22 now and she still loves going to car shows with me. She always wants to drive my cars but she doesn't do too well with sticks. However, as daily drivers, the kids still prefer the creature comforts such as air. (So do I)

My 15 year old son could care less about cars, don't even care if he gets his drivers license. My 9 year old son however has oil for blood. He loves going to the shows and takes his own pictures. He brought home a hubcab he found the other day and you would thought he struck gold. I think he's planning a build around it as we speak;)

It's no different than Dads who are sports jocks being disappointed if their Kids aren't into sports. Our kids are individuals and may not necessarily have the same interests as us.

My Son Dan really wasn't into cars until he was about 18 or so. His passion was fishing. We fished several times a week and he got into fly fishing and became really very good at it. When Don and I would catch something we asked Dan two questions: What kind of fish is it, and is it edible? :D Dan does everything "full speed ahead" and he became our fishing guide and expert.

But he came to like cars, like Cal Look VW's and later on bagged S10's. Don always liked cars, especially old ones so he and I had that in common. So maybe those of you who have kids who aren't digging cars yet may see the day when they do. But even if they don't the main thing is that they learn the right lessons in life and become productive adults who stay on the right side of things.

Don

Im teaching him young out here:

gokartpainting.JPG

gokart123300603.JPG

Thats my 10 year old working on his 32 Ford Go Kart

Here he is welding on the Right Coast 2006 giveaway truck

1.JPG

he is actually pretty good too.

Latest posts

Back