Low down dually

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So we started this build about a year ago and i guess i never started a build thread. Its my brother in laws truck. 51 chevy loadmaster. Picked it up for $100. Solid cab with zero rust. We started with a vision of an inexpensive build using alot of stock components. That went sideways after we got rollin. Now its goin to be full air ride with 100% new suspension. 6.2 chevy diesel and a 700r4 trans. Should be cool!

At my place gettin the bed stripped down

Heading to the suburbs

6.2 donor

Chop cut weld!

Our vision

So after a couple month hiatus and a complete redesign of the truck, we have progress! The truck was completely stripped down to Bare frame and about six inches in front of the firewall the frame was cut off. It will get redesigned and rebuilt for air suspension. The rear leaf springs were ditched for a parallel 4 Link with panhard bar and bags. The rear axle was installed today along with the links and bag mounts period still lots of plating and welding left to do but now that we're working on it things should start moving along.

Latest posts

Back