incredible hot rod auction coming up Fresno CA feb 10th

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like I am seeing more and more of these large collection going up for auction.
The owners bought much of this stuff when it was still affordable and now they have passed on and the family has no idea or interest in any of it.
Or in the case of one posted on the hamb recently the older guy finally realizes he will never get to all of it and decides to thin the herd.
Torchie

Sometimes the best you can do is just inform those around you what some of it means to people like us and trust they do the right things when we pass. I'm going to have some projects around when I leave. What happens after I die with it will make no difference to me, but may make some like-minded people around here happy to get it. My daughter Holly is the executor of my will and I'm trying to teach her some things on value. She knows how I want it to go and I trust she'll do whatever she can to make it happen. I know she's got some sense. She's already got dibbs on my old trucks...:D

Not many vehicles worth having, 4-5, but what a bunch of old time speed parts! Most will sell for scrap prices because they probably don't know the value of them, like the Fenton intake. Thing about it, I could look at all the piles of parts there and I wouldn't have a clue to actual value either.

Not many vehicles worth having, 4-5, but what a bunch of old time speed parts! Most will sell for scrap prices because they probably don't know the value of them, like the Fenton intake. Thing about it, I could look at all the piles of parts there and I wouldn't have a clue to actual value either.

I don't know bama.
With the internet it's not hard to find out what stuff is going for these days. My friend and I were talking about this the other day.When I check sites for pricing I base it on what things sell for. Not what is being asked.
I used to spend a lot of time going to auctions looking for Antique furniture to repair and resell. And one thing that seemed to stand out was the fact that the "Little" items usually sold for more the they were worth vs the supposed "Big ticket" items. It seemed like many times people were afraid to jump in on the large item bidding because they figured it would go for high dollars.
It's a funny world.....
Torchie

Sometimes the best you can do is just inform those around you what some of it means to people like us and trust they do the right things when we pass. I'm going to have some projects around when I leave. What happens after I die with it will make no difference to me, but may make some like-minded people around here happy to get it. My daughter Holly is the executor of my will and I'm trying to teach her some things on value. She knows how I want it to go and I trust she'll do whatever she can to make it happen. I know she's got some sense. She's already got dibbs on my old trucks...:D

Agreed smallfoot.
I don't have anywhere near the stuff that I used to. And what I do have is mostly tools that my wife or daughters will keep.
When my heart crap really kicked in I decided that I wasn't going to leave my family with the burden of having to clean up my mess after me so I have really culled what is not needed.
I have a pile under my work bench listed right now on CL and would love for it to sell.
I went thru that ordeal with my Mom and it caused nothing but hard feelings......
Torchie

There is a yard north side Rosetown SK with a pile old k series ih and some late 50s chev trucks and old tractors went by Wednesday night and there was a trackhoe there loading the last of them in a scrap truck.was shocked to see that ,what a waste

Everything changes. How are you doing Torch?
Been ok
too much time on facebook not enough time in the garage.
my m-f drags me down
just picked up a gig i'd been trying to get into- working for a postal contractor hauling mail otr.
just on the weekends
m-f job there's only 2 drivers me and randy and randy just put his 2 weeks notice in and i blurted out how the hell am i gonna quit when he's quitting lol
oops
so i told em i was just kidding.
I don't really like the job. i bust my ass and take home 500 a week after taxes.
the boss is constantly asking what took so long like the noob thinks that's how you manage.
oh and he doesn't want to hear the answer where you were and how long it took he just wants to spew.
It's all up in the air now how long i'm gonna be there and how it goes

Everything changes. How are you doing Torch?

On the positive side bought a chicago electric mig200 from a buddy along with an old emerson stick welder for 300 bucks
i need to replace the diodes in my lincoln idealarc 250. just can't part with it. it welds like butter.
and i picked up a Dekamig 616s that quit working for 50 bucks
ran some tests it's the motor driving circuit on the board. everything else is good.
will have to fix the board

so I have some welding power on hand now all my welders were down and it stalled me out on my 4x4 conversion project.
and I'll not be broke every week like it's been all year

I can't leave these guys with NO drivers but eventually the plans are to ditch the shipping container rental gig and be exclusive with the mail hauler. 16 an hour limit 40 a week compared to 20 an hour as many hours as I can work

I can't leave these guys with NO drivers but eventually the plans are to ditch the shipping container rental gig and be exclusive with the mail hauler. 16 an hour limit 40 a week compared to 20 an hour as many hours as I can work
Life is too short to work for an A-hole. Someone else will step in as soon as you walk. He won't like them either.

Remember, If it ain't fun, you should be doing something else. :D

Latest posts

Back