Sheets & Giggles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew you could do it.[cl If you tune fuel injection you can pass a tech test. I 'spose I'll have to call you "sir" at the Meltdown Drags this July.:D

I knew you could do it.[cl If you tune fuel injection you can pass a tech test. I 'spose I'll have to call you "sir" at the Meltdown Drags this July.:D

LOL. Don't think I qualify for that Bob - I can't afford a big enough helmet to go with the title. I'm still just as dumb as I ever was but now I'll have a piece of paper.

I'm faced with the decision of getting the car finished and going to Meltdown or getting the house ready to sell before we move into the new one. Since I need the money from the sale to finance the shop build at the new house, and I REALLY want to have my own shop ... well, unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it to Meltdown this year. I am still hoping for a miracle and be able to do both but I think there might be a shortage of miracles this year.

Would really like to see you at the Meltdown Drags but I understand priorities and the money only stretches so far.
The Meltdown is a bit iffy for me right now too. Friday my wife's sister, who is also her best friend died suddenly. My wife will be lost without her and will require lots of support. I'm curtailing all car activities until I know she is going to be okay

Can't believe its been months since I posted anything but its been very hectic around here. We moved into our new house in mid August but that was clouded by losing my job on the day we signed the mortgage. Still haven't found a new one but have been very busy with the move and the house. Still haven't sold the old house and that adds to the financial pressure. I know it will all work out fine in the end but I sure wish there was an easier way to get there.

Anyway, I moved the car home and took the first outdoor picture of it. Looks somehow different outside but I'm liking it!

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 52
Followed this thread from start to finish this evening, very addictive! Beautiful work.

Also sorry for your troubles.

Last edited:
As you said "it will all work out" but getting there can be troublesome, hope it works out soon :)
Car looks good in the light of day [cl

Sorry to hear about the job issue..

Hope that gets cleared up quick for you...but keep the faith brother, things will turn around for you.... :D

Hey SC, sorry to hear about the job loss. I'm in the same boat too. Yes, all will work out, it just takes some time to get there. Best of luck!

The car looks great!

Hate to read that you are in the same boat 05snopro440. Hopefully it will be a short temporary situation for you.

I appreciate all the comments and encouragement from everyone. Thank you all.

Hate to read that you are in the same boat 05snopro440. Hopefully it will be a short temporary situation for you.

I appreciate all the comments and encouragement from everyone. Thank you all.

Thanks SC, hopefully it's the same for you. I hope you can sell your old house soon to ease some of the burden.

It's been almost 3 months for me, I'm ready to get back to working again.

Just had to put it together for a final mock up to see what it would actually look like. Had to make a few adjustments to the front motor plate and the mid plate to make them fit the motor but that's all done now. Also had to make a special wrench to deal with the spark plugs. The Brodix heads put the plugs at a different angle than the stock heads that I used when building the chassis so now the plugs are pretty tight to the top frame rail. Guess that's what happens when the actual parts aren't available during the build. :eek:

Anyway, now I can take it all apart and do what needs to be done to finish it. Finally. Can't wait until I can actually drive this beast. [dr Its close enough now that I only have to squint a little bit to see the finished car.

Attachments

• IMG_0885.jpg
    IMG_0885.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0889.jpg
    IMG_0889.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg