'35 Ford 1 1/2 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spent all day working on the truck, but didnt do anything to it. stare at it, measure, think about it, measure, walk around it, stare at it. [S

Sometimes, you just gotta have a day or two of doing that! It's still progress, just not photogenic LOL

Looks good. Not to high on the sides though i think [S spokes on the rear also[S

I hear you on the steep driveway, i hate mine to pieces :mad:

going to run the 36 wheels with ribbed hubcaps on the rear, spokes up front. I have a full set of spokes if I change my mind.

The old school prisms work pretty well for seeing stop lights. If you get one, don't get the cheep little ones that stick on the windshield with a suction cup though. Get a Guide. They're way way better.

changed direction AGAIN...

So after wrestling with the spring behind batwings, the pivot perches, and the hairpins for days, I ditched the idea and went back to spring over. I wasnt happy with the forces exerted on the hairpins and the whole setup dependent on the single heim at the far end of the hairpin. I would have to weld the batwings solid to the axle to keep the spring shackles from binding, and I didnt want to do that. not only that, but my frame is wider than whatever the pete and jakes batwings were designed for, so the hairpin angles were way off. Oh well, ill have those wings for sale soon. From a safety standpoint, I am satisfied. I like it real low, but I plan to haul my bike so being that low would have made it harder.

Lookin real good. Can't wait till I'm at this stage! I really like the "paint" on your cab by the way.

Lookin real good. Can't wait till I'm at this stage! I really like the "paint" on your cab by the way.

thanks! I used to do paint and bodywork, so that means I am not doing any paint or bodywork on this one lol. when I chopped the top, I used dented metal to fill the dented gaps!

I've been using all old tin as filler in mine too. I'm gonna grind the welds out but then force rust the ground areas.

after switching to a spring behind setup, I needed to roll it outside to look at it. its a bit of a pain because my driveway is steep, but I have a small winch to help. cardboard bed to visualize. I think I like it so far, now to setup the pedals and steering. It's going to have a heavy rake on flat ground :D

1460308821.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1460308885.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1460308921.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:confused: would it look better if the bottom skirts of the bed was shorter :confused:
Just asking , ???

note to self: only brace the cab before the chop if it is square first. I didnt square it up and now gaps are almost impossible to fix because the roof is welded solid.

Latest posts

Back