gotta start filling the forum!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getcarter

well this is my attempt at my rat bike. i built it, or should i say started taking it apart, about 2 years ago. it is a 01 yamaha v star 1100. i bought it in all stock trim, it was a custom. i then began to make it mine. i worked at broward motorsports which makes metric choppers, very expensive, nice choppers. i had plans to go that route when it hit me, i don't like shiney stuff. so i bobbed the fender, added classic wheels, bought a set of pipes and wrapped them and cut em. i then had a buddy shoot it flat black and lastly started taking off the chrome and sanding it for a brushed look. i have not finished that part yet. i think when i get home i will cut out the back bone and raise it up a bit. oh yeah, i took off the handle bars and put on gsxr grips. when i lowered it the fork tubes came up a good ways through the triple tree and it seemed like the right thing to do. that is all....... i think.

Attachments

• bike.JPG
    bike.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 51
Getcarter, when you say that you worked at Broward Motorsports, do you mean the one in Broward County, Florida? That's where I live.

Those grips look great on that bike.

i was going to go with a harley but i did not have the budget at that time. this was cheap and i have beat the hell out of it but it still keeps on going. metric is cheap and dependable.

i was going to go with a harley but i did not have the budget at that time. this was cheap and i have beat the hell out of it but it still keeps on going. metric is cheap and dependable.

I think your bike is cool and the bike hasn't a clue what name is on it's side covers. Metric cruisers are cool, especially yours.

What we need is another USA bike contender.
Excelcier tried a comeback but it went by the way.
Now there is the new group out there for about 5 years now, only problem is they are priced up next to the Harley as well. American MotorCycle Group has some real high dollar bling bikes, running from more then $20k uo to $50k.
Way over priced for the average family man to own. I have owned three Harleys over the years, and since my last bike was stolen, I have never really recovered enough to be able to afford another ride like that one.
Lets face the reality of it all, there is no such thing as a great deal in the USA on any kind of US made bikes anymore. Most every shop is out to rape anyone willing to pay for over rated stuff. Chainer rides have killed what was once a simple way of life.

Maximo

Latest posts

Back