36 Ford Bobber Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• IMG_4848.JPG
    IMG_4848.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 49
Actually those Cadi/AC Heavy Duty air cleaners came with a flat back like that. That pic makes it look like there is also a dent in it but it isn't, that's just a spot of bright sunlight. That air cleaner top is super straight and nice, it just has a lot of patina.

Actually those Cadi/AC Heavy Duty air cleaners came with a flat back like that. That pic makes it look like there is also a dent in it but it isn't, that's just a spot of bright sunlight. That air cleaner top is super straight and nice, it just has a lot of patina.

Interesting that I don't remember the flat spot. My 55 Caddy Convertible had one of those "Bat wing" air cleaners on it.
Of course that was back in 1973 and I can barely remember what I had for dinner last night. :eek: :D
Looks great regardless.[cl
Torchie

I finally picked up a 9 inch for the 36. I got the brackets cut off and wire brushed the housing. One of the brake drums was totally frozen on. I tried all the tricks that I could come up with to get it off and finally had to cut the sucker. All seems good now that that drum is off at least. I was planning on putting all new brake parts on it anyway so no loss there other than time messing with it.

I also picked up a V8 Camaro T5 5 speed for it so that should be fun.

Next up is taking the frame apart and getting ready to mod it to fit!

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5028.JPG

I made some progress on the frame last night. It's a 47 frame. Anyway, the front and rear crossmembers are off as well as the rear brace. The k-member is next. There are lots of rivets to take out which is a major PIA!!!

IMG_5039.JPG

IMG_5055.JPG

IMG_5053.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

86 rivets and a bit of cutting on the center of the K member and the frame is apart and ready to go on the jig. Now I just hope that my buddy with the jig can fit me in his busy schedule before too long.

IMG_5068.JPG

IMG_5069.JPG

Man, it's been awhile again! I finally started working on the 36 frame again. Hopefully I will get my momentum back and start getting stuff done again!

I'm getting the rear kick up adjusted first. I'm setting the rear section parallel with the center section of the frame. I have one side cut and tacked. Hopefully I will get the other side to the same state tonight.

IMG_6148.JPG

IMG_6149.JPG

IMG_6150.JPG

IMG_6152.JPG

IMG_6261.JPG

IMG_6262.JPG

I got the other rail kick up adjusted and tacked. I also finally bit the bullet and ordered tires. Once they are here, it will be time to mock up the axle and cab placements so that I can start sorting out where to put cross members.

IMG_6263.JPG

Thanks guys. I wish I could take credit for the idea but my buddy is the one that thought of that.

I cleaned up my wheels and got my tires so they are at a shop for mount and balance. While that's happening, I started putting my front end together. It's looking pretty cool I think. It's obviously not fully assembled but I need to sort a few more things out first.

IMG_6282.JPG

IMG_6283.JPG

I'm super slow but I'm starting to lay things out. I did get tires and got them mounted up. I just have the rails sitting there roughly at ride height and the spacing is close. I need to get my cab back inside and set it up on stands over the rails to get the proper spacing and axle placements sorted out so that I can start mocking up the cross members. The front of the frame is still sitting too high here but at least it's a small step forward.

IMG_6396.JPG

IMG_6397.JPG

Latest posts

Back