Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Questions/Suggestions

Questions/Suggestions Questions or suggestions about the forum... don't be shy!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:26 AM

Default Build project in mind. Need advise!

Okay so i need some advise i have a build project in mind and i dont know if this is the right dirction i should go or not. I have a salvage yard the biggest in vt not 16 mins from my place. They have many chevy cars that have a 2.2L ecotech in it. Now i have a ton of expericne with newer engines and this one has the greatest potential to get around 37 mpg with a light weight car. So any way i want to take a chasis of a chevy with a 2.2l ecotech and than put a choped model a and channel it to the chevy frame. Now i know iam going to get **** for this mixing chevy and ford but this is the best way to get what i want with todays gas prices. So lets hear it what are going to be problems what should i look for as far as length and width of frame to body. am i going in the rightIam sorry for all you chevy and ford fans that fight on this kind of thing but its the best set up i can think of.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Allergic to Idiots

Some guys have used the Ecotec in high end streetrods,so it is possible.

I think most 4 cyl late models are front wheel drive unibodies,
so there is no "frame".You would have to make a frame.

Not sure if the Ecotec bellhousing pattern matches with the
common rear wheel drive bellhousings or if you need an adapter.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Still crazy after all these years!

How 'bout a Model A sedan with a Fiero drive train and an Ecotec in the back seat?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Older and more rusted every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neocrowarchangel View Post
Now i know iam going to get **** for this mixing chevy and ford but this is the best way to get what i want with todays gas prices.
Wow!!! I thought it was still against the law to put anything but a Bowtie back in an old Ford. I think we'll b seein' lots more EcoTech's in cars B4 long but there also has to b some point where gas reaches it's peak. Actually I think high gas prices are the best for us as a nation. Looks like our gas consumption has started to decline after 30 years of goin' straight up! Gonna b a little painful @ first but better in the long run. Maybe Congress will let them start makin' gas outta coal, which we have in abundance. In the mean time... I'll just raise my rear end ratios.

BoB

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!