Rust paint

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read some of the comments under the ad! Pretty funny stuff! "What's next -dirt paint??" [cl :D

You know what I say? If not - read below!

Thanks for your input guys....I have decided that real rust is the only way to go, so it's paint stripper and elbow grease.
hotrod.gif

t-odd over at the national t-bucket alliance has a glass 23, he painted his about three years ago with a rust type paint, looks good thn only problem he had is when he wanted to paint a number on the side it blead pretty bad, there lots of pics of it over there if you want to see them.

odie

t-odd over at the national t-bucket alliance has a glass 23, he painted his about three years ago with a rust type paint, looks good thn only problem he had is when he wanted to paint a number on the side it blead pretty bad, there lots of pics of it over there if you want to see them.

odie

I tried looking for it, but can't see it.....do you have a link please?

Tods rusto special, and My 26 behind it.. The fat guy and skinny mean lookin gal in the background is me N Cupcake--Tods behind the camera.

The heartbeat of the NTBA.. Real straight up guy--Believes in the culture whole heartedly-no hidden agenda.

'Fake' rust--but the 'real deal' of a guy.

PA41

Attachments

• work 080.jpg
    work 080.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 56
I hate to be the one to say it but that is the most stupid crap I have seen in a long time.

Why is everything stupid crap? Even if you don't paint an entire car with this stuff,I can still see some uses, like blending in patch panels and chop welds with it, cause when I see those left the way they are on a rat rod and it all stands out, it would look a lot better to finish that and blend it in.

Why is everything stupid crap? Even if you don't paint an entire car with this stuff,I can still see some uses, like blending in patch panels and chop welds with it, cause when I see those left the way they are on a rat rod and it all stands out, it would look a lot better to finish that and blend it in.

I'm just not into the faking stuff. I buckled one time and did a fake patina on a car and hated it so much that I sold it.. This rusty crusty style has become a fad and it truly sickens me. It seems that with all good things someone or when everyone jumps in the band wagon it gets turned upside down. Kind of like having respect for the old timers who really did alot for the hobby like Von Dutch. The LA yuppies took over and someone bought the name I guess and now you see Von Dutch hats and shirts on sale for couple 100 bucks out in Hollywood and most that buy it are yuppies who don't even know who Von Dutch is. By the way is anyone on here doesn't know, you need to turn the forum off and learn some hot rod history instead of worring about fake rust. Having rust is fine. Even cool if it's the real deal but with rust paint I can see some yuppy gold chainer at a cruise in with a fake 'glass car with fake rust paint on it while 20 geeky kids are freaking out over it and bragging what an awsome rat rod he has.
To each his own. I won't knock the guy who came up with the idea. I'm sure he will make money off it. I won't knock the owner of the fake painted rust car but I won't bother checking it out. I would simply get in my beater, slam the door and watch some true rust fall to the ground and head some place where there are real people to deal with. Not a personal attack just my 2 cents.:D

I useta think doing things the 'right' way, and 'reality' was important, and that there were 'experts' to plan and point the way on that stuff.

Now I'm an old guy, and what is 'right' and 'reality' is just perception and opinion, and 'experts' are just the dawgs that bark the loudest and want the biggest piece of meat (lawyers N Engineers).

The best 'planning' is 'make it up as we go along, and chasing 'right and reality' is something like hearding cats. Even if you are successfull all ya get is CATS!!

I'm not a cat guy.:p

My first wife useta think that when she dreamed she was traveling, she WAS. When she was a sleep- hail, I never knew where she went! That theres 'reality' :) .

Rust paint works for me.

( I think I'm goin to --Africa--tonight...:) )

PA41

Latest posts

Back