Paint and Surface Rust Removal(GASP) Weapon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The previous owner of my 47 painted over the pitted metal on the trunk, quarters and doors. Need to strip that crap off. Do those things come in a bigger diameter?

Those strippers work well and are applicable here. I use them to strip off paint so parts rust up nicely.

Sid

I stripped my entire 67 Galaxie with one of those bad larry's before I shot it with Blitz Black! Worked real well!!!!
BIGCHUCK

Attachments

• gal1.JPG
    gal1.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 49
Hey pookie...er, POOKIE:

How much danger of warpage, compared to a regular flat sanding disc? Glad to know they're at Home Depot. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Shea:)

Best advise for using any sort of grinding impliment on sheet metal :

KEEP IT MOVING!!! Do Not stay in one place creating heat! Heat caused by moving the grinder too slow over sheetmetal combined with pressure will warp panels.

Using this as mantra- these wheels work GREAT.[P

Those things work great, but don't forget the face shield with those. Most people are content with safety glasses but when those things come apart, and they will, they can really hurt you. I wear long sleeves, blue jeans and gloves as well as a pair of ear muffs. If you don't you will be cut up and deaf at the end of the day! :eek:

Best advise for using any sort of grinding impliment on sheet metal :

KEEP IT MOVING!!! Do Not stay in one place creating heat! Heat caused by moving the grinder too slow over sheetmetal combined with pressure will warp panels.

Using this as mantra- these wheels work GREAT.[P

Yep, shoulda known! ANY sanding ops dealing with sanding and tin require some respect. Thanks, I'm gonna go grab a couple for when I can finally start digging into my S-10's cab, hopefully this summer.

Dodge41's comments are smart as well. I'd like to ad the suggestion of dust protection, as well-especially for those of us (like me) who're stupid enough to smoke. ;):(

Regards,
Shea:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back