turbo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flowz

Ok i have a 390ci ford i have a turbo im going to put on i know how i am going to do that but im having truble with the amount of fuel i am going to need im looking at pushing about 7 to 10 pounds of bost anybody got any sugestions

it depends on what you are using for induction. Either way you need to figure out your HP goals. X number of HP requires X lbs of fuel /hr. that will take care of your volume of fuel needed. Now if it a carb you are running then you will only need the PSI that each carb requires such as 5 PSI for a holley etc. BUT when you start adding boost you will need a rising rate regulator like a 1:1. so if you run 5 PSI NA and add 7 PSI of boost, then you will need 12 OSI under boost. same with EFI. If you need 55 psi to run NA then add 7 psi of boost then you need 62 psi under boost. the rising rate regulator will just increase fuel pressure 1 lb for every 1 psi of boost. Make sense? [S

Based on some quick calculations (550 crank HP est) you will need a minimum of 202 L/HR fuel rate or 53 gal/hr. So if you get a pump that is rated for 250-300 L/HR you should be safe.

Several things you will need to think about, first is a carb. You will need to build or buy a blow through carb. Second, you will need an electric fuel pump and a boost sensing fuel pressure regulator. With those things covered, it will go something like this: you add boost , you have to add more fuel pressure . You will need a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator for this . It will raise fuel pressure 1:1 . ( 1 psi of fuel for every 1 psi boost ) example : base fuel = 7psi add 10 psi boost , and fuel pressure will rise to 17 psi . It is easy to do, you just have to make sure you DON'T use a mechanical fuel pump, it can't increase the fuel fast enough.

research on theturboforums.com

will find TONS of info over there, and most will be very willing to help fine tune what your considering buying

Latest posts

Back