Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Questions/Suggestions

Questions/Suggestions Questions or suggestions about the forum... don't be shy!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Default Shop locator?

It occured to me that many people here run there own businesses. Maybe we could get a list going of members shops? Whether it be welding, body mods, junkyards, interiors, glass, tires, paint, restos..... ya know the stuff not everyone is able to do on there own. Heck, i'de be willing to give RRR members special pricing. Build a custom frame,rather than ordering from a catalogue. Get that glass cut for your chopped rod. Business is slow everywhere, this could give us a chance to help eachother out, and build a stronger community in the process.

Think it over,
Joe
Old 01-15-2009, 12:36 PM

Default Every Time I've seen this done

It works Great Even if you don't need any work done, while traveling through you get to visit. Great stuff good Idea.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Built For Speed!

I agree, it would be a great resource. You could find people that are close to you that you may not have know were there.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!

Send a message via Yahoo to Rev Tex Devlle

agreed,, would make a good sticky
Old 01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I think it's a great idea too!! Having access to some local resources would be a great help to me. I've gotten to know alot of people around here over the past couple of years that are into rat rods but getting help from any of them is another matter all together. Mainly because they have their own projects to work on. Being limited in hands on experience is really working against me. If I knew of a dependable shop that was willing to do stuff as I could afford it my build would already be underway. Slowly, but at least moving along.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 PM
"Official RRR Chaplain"

sounds like a good idea..what was your thoughts on organizing it?
just throwing out an idea-could be a catagory at the top of our forum, along with "user cp", FAQ, members list....etc. orat the least we could put shop info in our personal info page....

"Preacher Brothers' Hotrod Shop" was a tongue-in-cheek "joke" b/c me & my two preacher friends have projects that we work on in what was once my backyard bodyshop...but i'd love to be able to help the ratrod builders as well, even at a discounted rate!!
Old 01-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

i like your idea of putting this as a link along the top. Honestly I would''ve never thought of that. I was actually thinking about this at work earlier today. Perhaps do it like this: the powers that be could start something similar to the "members list" in which it would be sorted by states instead of alphabetical order. Then each member with a related business could post there, OR send a PM to a mod this way it wouldnt be over cluttered with con artists. There should also be someway of leaving positive or negative feedback, similar to how ebay does it.