My 40 Dodge Truck Build - Maybe a 41 LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bro....I'm an over thinker a lot of the time. I have to stop that.

LMAO! Soooo many movie lines there to be quoted there! Spark up the campfire and the beers! :p

I tend to be on the opposite end of that stick- a bit more spontaneous.

Ain't this fun what we do?! I compare it to snow skiing- regardless of the skill level, everyone is having a great time. [S[;)[cl

:cool:

"Ain't this fun what we do?! I compare it to snow skiing- regardless of the skill level, everyone is having a great time." Yes it is. If this stuff frustrates you, move on the another part of the project and and idea or suggestion will come and them you can move back to the last part.

Yes....I'm having a ball! It does get frustrating at times but it does keep the brain in gear. I do the same when I hit a roadblock... move to something else and come back to it. It's funny how when you come back to it a lot of the time it works right out.

Spontaneous is a no go for me... that's usually when I make mistakes, cut it too short ect. Especially when it comes to women....oh boy, good thing the wife is not on here! LOL

No pictures to post yet....I'm on the passenger side headers and fitting each tube is taking me at least an evening, evening and a half a piece. I've also been practicing tig welding. Geezzee not easy especially on pipe. I'm pretty on flat sheet metal, better on 1/8. Pipe at a joint....not so good, not good at all. Arrg

So I gota keep practicing. My fit work on all the tubing is very tight and I don't want to ruin anything. I'm feeling like I can do a better job right now mig'n them but I'm gona keep at it.

Maybe some pictures after my garage time tonight.....

Keep at it. I can't get the hang of it. I need to practice, practice, practice a lot. I've been welding for about 40 years and I am still getting better at mig. I have a friend that worked at a ship yard and he makes me look like a beginner.

I'm gona keep at it. I took a break from it last 2 nights. I'm working on fitting up the right side. One tube to go. Looking real wide from the front....I like it.

Attachments

• DSCF5828.jpg
    DSCF5828.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 19
I've been practicing my TIG..... ahhhh that's a no go. Decent flat...Terrible on tubing. So I'm buckling and having one of my guys come up and finish em up.

I've been body working the bed..... love working with Bondo, actually Rage Gold.

I'm afraid I have the firewall too close to the motor so I'm gona move the cab back an inch. I had to drop the bed on to take some dimensions and my boy snapped this picture.so I thought I'd post it up since I haven't had any pictures lately.

Attachments

• 274235093_5579408545419378_4200811066954509352_n.jpg
    274235093_5579408545419378_4200811066954509352_n.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back