Speedster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

Hey Guys an old friend of mine is having a real war with cancer, he keeps winning the battles only for it to return in a new location. He found this speedster body in a barn a few years back and has been slowly putting it together on a real nice model A chassis. The body was put together by someone unknown many years ago but must have had a vision. He has pretty much everything to complete it except a motor, he was going to put a Mercruiser 4 cyl 120 hp Chevy 4 banger in it and has all the pieces to mate it up to the ford trans. Any how he has deceided it's time to sell some stuff before he isn't able to, as you will see in the photos he is a bit of a hoarder. Any idea what this would be worth. It is registered and plated in Saskatchewan.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Fleetside 002.jpg
    Resize of Fleetside 002.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Resize of Fleetside 003.jpg
    Resize of Fleetside 003.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Resize of Fleetside 004.jpg
    Resize of Fleetside 004.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Resize of Fleetside 001.jpg
    Resize of Fleetside 001.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Resize of Fleetside 005.jpg
    Resize of Fleetside 005.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 77
Got 2 questions Dozer. Does registered mean a clear title is available. Also is that galvanized body metal?

Looks galvanized to me too, Burger.
That's a real nice start for some one.
I dig the "Iron Duke" engine transplant.:cool: :cool:
I have no idea on Model A prices as I've seen them go from unreasonably high to dirt cheap.
Sending your friend some good vibes, Dozer.
Torchie

Got 2 questions Dozer. Does registered mean a clear title is available. Also is that galvanized body metal?

Good question Bman, we don't have titles for vehicles in Saskatchewan, just a Bill of Sale and Registration. and yes it is some kind of galvinized steel.

Looks galvanized to me too, Burger.
That's a real nice start for some one.
I dig the "Iron Duke" engine transplant.:cool: :cool:
I have no idea on Model A prices as I've seen them go from unreasonably high to dirt cheap.
Sending your friend some good vibes, Dozer.
Torchie

Thanks Torchie. He is thinking he should start at $5000. I really have no idea.

The registered and plated in SK thing may not impact value very much. It obviously wouldn't pass an out of province as is in any other Province, so that currently only helps you if you live in SK.

As far as value, unless the body is something incredibly valuable that I'm not aware of, I could see it being worth somewhere in the range of $2K to $4K CAD, with it likely going to the lower side. However, that's just a guess.

Some good resources to help find value might be the Saskatchewan Model A Group on Facebook or reaching out to the guy that runs the Alberta Model T Races, he's here in my neck of the woods and pretty savvy on this old race-style stuff.

That was the reason I asked, I don't put a lot of value on it either🤔

The value to me is in the body.
Even though it’s galvanized it appears to be well done.😎
I could see a future trog racer in it. With the right engine. It’s got the correct proportions for a old time racer. Many of the newer speedster I’ve seen built are too small. They look like the driver is sitting on them
and not in them. But I don’t see $5000 there.
Model A frames and wheels and such are still fairly plentiful and it seems like every ad I look at for Model A parts the person is a hoarder and has 2 buildings full.😳
I wish your friend good luck with his sale though.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back