newest endeavor from Bonehead

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from an art show, and all the guitars were very well received. I picked up and order for a custom guitar, but did not sell the ones I brought. I had the smaller ones priced at $800, though realistically 5-600 would be the price. The one with the turquoise, and feather and skull top, was $2200.00 and most everyone who was serious about it agreed it was not out of line for the work in it. Pricing out art work is never easy. Is there value above an hourly rate? It depends on the piece.

Great work as always Bonehead.[cl
Kind of a new take on the old National steel guitars.[ddd :cool:
My wife is an artist as well and pricing is a constant discussion...
Torchie

I don't know if it's worth that much.... the teeth look a little worn. Do the gauges work?

Pricing out art work is never easy. Is there value above an hourly rate? It depends on the piece.

Agreed - finding that sweet spot where you don't short yourself, but don't feel like you're ripping people off.

I don't think the pricing is out of line at all bonehead. They're super cool and unique and you gotta make it worth your while

I just got back from an art show, and all the guitars were very well received. I picked up and order for a custom guitar, but did not sell the ones I brought. I had the smaller ones priced at $800, though realistically 5-600 would be the price. The one with the turquoise, and feather and skull top, was $2200.00 and most everyone who was serious about it agreed it was not out of line for the work in it. Pricing out art work is never easy. Is there value above an hourly rate? It depends on the piece.

I'm going through that too. My theory is, I don't want to be known for cheap art and will just keep it all if it isn't worth x amount. But I do know, after a certain point, people are buying the artist more than the content. I think your prices are very reasonable.

Latest posts

Back