A tough day in the shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why we can brag that we have "Blood, sweat and tears" invested in our cars...:eek:

Yep. It's not really your car until you have invested some skin and blood into it![ddd

Bad way to figure out what they mean when you hear somebody say it sticks out like a sore thumb! [ddd

Rather then add to the list of "stupid things I have done to my self" I will say Take care of yourself Bonehead. And you should probably have your thumb looked at.
Torchie.

We have debated that very thing all day. I think it is a little better today. This Morning was not too good, but much better tonight. Not as tender, and it has almost quit leaking.
I have most of the feeling back, and I can use the lower portion of my thumb pretty good now, like on door knobs. Keeping it clean, and changing the bandages a couple of times a day, seems to be the drill. I appreciate you guys worrying with me.

Take care of that thumb. It's what separates us from the rest (most) of the animal kingdom. Glad to hear is it mending.

I did create new words I didnt know the meaning of:rolleyes: If anyone was wondering, yes it will blacken your finger (and yes it smelled a little rough,dont pick your nose with that one!) and continue to burn painfully for hours afterwards I would suppose like putting ones finger in a light socket. ......lesson learned: ALWAYS check your gloves for holes:eek:

Need pics of the thumb ;)

The last really stupid trick I did was about 2 years ago I was out doing yard work all day. It was getting late, I was tired but still needed to trim the hedges in the front yard. I was rushing and somehow got my finger caught in the trimmer and cut my right ring finger in half at the tip down about an inch. It didn't really hurt until I went into the house to rinse it out and as soon as the water hit it, it drove me to my knees - literally. My wife talked me into going to the clinic and after about 6 stitches in all different directions I was back at it. It has actually healed to where you can hardly tell anything happened.
Hope you're doing better :D

yep mrs crate asks "is that the ailment of the day " due to the frequency of various hurts accomplished over many years......

getting my pinky between a solid 1" bar that mushroomed over and the next hammer blow, thus causing a split injury. through the nail and down to the bone,,, split both sides of the last 2 cm. to this day I have never seen anything so white as that bone. even the doc was impressed !

possibly my crowning glory in the workshop .

so I totally can sympathise !... had to be treated and wrapped as a broken bone through skin injury and took weeks to heal - unable to be stitched

now 25yrs or so later the internal scarring still gives grief when cold even the end is an odd shape.

the joys of it all

Thumb is much better now, almost quit bleeding out from under the nail now, and scabbed over pretty good. The list of things that are hard to do continues to rise. Door knobs are easy now, but the phone, the plasma torch, cutting torch, and getting money out of my wallet, are still tough. I TIG welded some aluminum, and it looked like I was drunk. Thumbs are important.

Latest posts

Back