1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to do one big door on the back? or ambulance doors?
I have the ambulance doors in mind.
There's two factory body seams in the roof, one right behind the windshield and one above the back doors, on these cars.
I'm gonna cut at one or the other of these, take the back section of the body from the parts car to repair the black car.

Last edited:
Oh lord, Not another sedan delivery. I hope for asthetics sake you plan on lengthening the front doors to make all the lines look right. And don't mind me. I just see all kinds of wagons and 4 doors up here that everyone busts out the side windows and fills it with metal thinking they have a hot rod. Done right and it will look killer since Pontiac never made one. I just see so many done, um, not right. Looks like a solid car to start with. [P

Thanks SR8
I've been in the shop removing the wood floor.
Well, what's left of it :(
Then I can start gettin the body squared up.
I can put bracing in and pull the body off the frame.
Here's something unique. All the original wood roof grids are there in place

17.jpg

7e5a8bc1-e8e1-4935-8909-c02d0003b3d4.jpg

18.jpg

The Chevy sedan deliveries front doors were not as long as the 2 door. They were the same length as the 4 door.
I intend to combine the back door and the back window with no separation between them.
I appreciate your input.
Am I missing something or does this look wrong ?
1361230862517.jpg

I think that looks bad ass!

I have no doubt you're going to do this one right.

I do understand what jfg455 is saying, not everyone can pull it off. It's the whole package that makes or breaks it. Have to have the right stance, chop, channel,
fit and finish of panels, etc.

Seems like there is less distance from the back of the front door to the rear tire than on a 4 door. The one in the above pic doesn't look bad. But I think the front door should be longer. I am used to seeing the rigs like the 2 OT wagons pictured here that are converted. They are built by the same crowd that puts stacks on their V6 pickup trucks and think they look good!

The 38 Chevy master I think should have a slightly longer front door to look right but isnt bad. The ford delivery looks right IMHO but then it is a tudor sedan with deleted windows. Just my own idiosyncrocies. I think it would look killer with just 3" taken out of the roof and the rest mostly stock with your planned drive train under it.

Attachments

• _malibu_sedan_delivery.jpg
    _malibu_sedan_delivery.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 69
  • malibu delivery.jpg
    malibu delivery.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 1938 Chevy Master  Sedan Delivery.jpg
    1938 Chevy Master Sedan Delivery.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 29 sedan delivery.jpg
    29 sedan delivery.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 75
I do know one thing. With the longer doors, it would be easier to get in and out of. After all I am all of 5' 9" :D
If I had a pair of 2 door, doors, I'd change them out too.
I'll study on it ;)

When I did my Dodge, I tried to find another door (all I had was the two rear doors) my plan was to cut through the middle of the doors and then add in a slice of another door. Never did find any, so I don't know how well it works, but you do have four to work with.

When I did my Dodge, I tried to find another door (all I had was the two rear doors) my plan was to cut through the middle of the doors and then add in a slice of another door. Never did find any, so I don't know how well it works, but you do have four to work with.
I actually have 8, the parts car has 4 good ones too.

The rear tires and the wheel well behind the tire kills it, other then that it's cool. The only other thing I'm lost on, was the back of yours already cut out [S
Yeah, it has been that way for years. I guess someone decided to use it as a pickup :(
I've got another parts car I'll use for fixing all that.
I don't like where the rear tires are located on the one I used as an example either.
Mine is gonna be a full fendered car too.

A little progress

Got to spend a little time in the shop over the weekend.
Took the doors off.
Remove the dash.
I've got almost all of the wood removed.
The passenger side rocker was missing and the parts car rockers are both in a lot better shape than the one's on this ole gal.
The parts car B pillars are also better so I'll be using them too.
I used my new toy, the press brake, to make floorboard channels. I'll have to get pics of them tomorrow :cool:
I'll start getting the bracing in so I can take the body off the frame.
A couple of pics just to say I did :)

21.jpg

20.jpg

The Chevy sedan deliveries front doors were not as long as the 2 door. They were the same length as the 4 door.
I intend to combine the back door and the back window with no separation between them.
I appreciate your input.
Am I missing something or does this look wrong ?

I hacked your photo and chopped a couple inches...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ! 33 pon.jpg
    ! 33 pon.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 223
  • ! 33 pontiac.jpg
    ! 33 pontiac.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 223

Latest posts

Back