Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. For those that don't know, I've had a lot of heart issues. 27 years ago I had open heart surgery, Had it again on different arteries 19 years ago. No problems since then, until now, I had the lightest of chest pain but I remembered the feeling and didn't take any chances. A couple days in the hospital to regain proper blood flow and avoid the risk of a heart attack is more than worth it.

I'd encourage all you guys that have put in a fair amount of time on the planet to pay attention to any chest discomfort. The symptoms can vary quite a bit. Better to have a false alarm than a 5 alarm tragedy.

I love you guys and want you all to stay well.

Sorry to hear of your troubles but glad you're on the mend. Take good care of yourself.

With the covid thing it looks unlikely that I'll be able to get any racing done this year. They might not have the border open so I can go play even if there is an event happening. Hope I'm wrong and that I get to see and visit with you and Dave again soon.

Sheets should be much improved with a fresh engine, a bigger and better blower, taller tires and different gearing. Gunning for a tall 7! :D

Hi Larry. Sevens? That would scare the poop out of me. Sevens in the eighth is just about right for this old guy.

Sounds like you have perfected your combination. I'd be thrilled watching you make a seven second pass from the fence.[cl

7’s aren’t that big a deal Bob. All it takes is a lack of imagination as in “I can’t imagine myself crossing the finish line upside down and on fire”. Easy!

Gradually putting it all back together for the last time. Assuming no surprises. It has more of a forward tilt with the rear of the body raised. I'm liking it much better. It's got a quarter inch of shop dust on it so it will go outside for a thorough cleaning. Been waiting for the seats to come back from the upholsterer. That's the trouble with using friends sometimes. All it needs is a battery, then it should run.

Attachments

• neo Bantam 001.jpg
    neo Bantam 001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 56
  • neo Bantam 003.jpg
    neo Bantam 003.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 53
  • neo Bantam 004.jpg
    neo Bantam 004.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 51
  • neo Bantam 006.jpg
    neo Bantam 006.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 56
What a great addition to your box of toys!!!!
I'd like to see and hear it go down the track but it's a long way from my house to your neck of the woods. [cl[cl

Latest posts

Back