So this is what just asking will get you "sometimes"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41 Tonner, (or larger). One of my favorites, but I'm kinda partial because I have a 40 Tonner panel.
Just curious but how did you get permission to go on the land and take pictures if you don't know who the land owner is?

Cuz up here no one carries guns and so long as your not wrecking things they don't much care.

And when I called the owner ten minutes ago, he said it's yours I was going to bury it anyhow. Woo Hooo :D

Nice catch, Dozer. I really like the forty's; the pick-ups have a nicer grille, but the big trucks have nicer headlights.
On a side note, I just asked for --- and got a nice power plant for that truck, a 1964 Y-block 292 and five speed out of a school bus.
Anyhow, I'm happy that you got that forty truck. Good luck with the build.

Cuz up here no one carries guns and so long as your not wrecking things they don't much care.

And when I called the owner ten minutes ago, he said it's yours I was going to bury it anyhow. Woo Hooo :D

Awesome score!! Weird that people don't care if you go on their land without asking. Around these parts it's always good to ask, not that you generally get shot or anything, just that trespassing isn't a way to get off on the right foot with a landowner. I was actually shot at (well, over my head actually) and held at gunpoint in Wyoming, and just for delivering some wood the guy had bought from my boss. Turns out my pickup looked a lot like one belonging to a person he had a feud going with.

closet Ford guy, Dr. Crank

I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that.

I don't know a '40 Ford from a '41. (I'd trust Willowbilly's opinion on the subject.)

For your perusal. Dozer's find...

20161030_084058_resized_zpsmrhhhyhl.jpg

... and this truck, supposedly a '40. (I saved this pic from a Kijiji ad... 'cuz Neville is my Mom's home town and she knew the Murphy fella whose name is painted on the door. :D)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Neville40FordnearPonteix.jpg
    Neville40FordnearPonteix.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 55
The hood is the big difference. 40 has a big V8 towards the front on each side and doesn't have the chrome on the side. Grilles are usually body color on 40 and black on 41. Also I thing the hood latch chrome strip is a lot wider on a 41.
You can kinda see the V8 on my 40 parts truck

It's kinda odd that the only years that the pickup and truck grille, fenders, headlights and hood are different is 41-42. All other years those parts interchange from the half ton to the bigger pickups and trucks.

Last edited:
Sooo it must be a 41 then. [S Thanks guys. If the rain ever quits I will bring it home, glad I dragged it out of the field to a road approach while it was dry.

Crank, what's the story on the Neville truck?

I wish I could tell you. I saved that photo from an ad... two, three, maybe four years ago (?) strictly for the name and family connection.

On another note, I had a closer look at the photo I posted and it has the same V/8 you mentioned, stamped in the hood, just like yours and the trim is a dead-nuts match. Thanks for the insight and sorry I can't lead you to the Neville piece!

Dozer: Sorry for the hijack, but your finds are clearly good conversation and a source of higher learnin'. :D

I wish I could tell you. I saved that photo from an ad... two, three, maybe four years ago (?) strictly for the name and family connection.

On another note, I had a closer look at the photo I posted and it has the same V/8 you mentioned, stamped in the hood, just like yours and the trim is a dead-nuts match. Thanks for the insight and sorry I can't lead you to the Neville piece!

Dozer: Sorry for the hijack, but your finds are clearly good conversation and a source of higher learnin'. :D

No problem Doc, it's all great info. Next time I'm in Neville delivering propane I will look around.

Dozer: I tagged the photo, Neville40FordnearPonteix. That should narrow it down to a few hundred square miles, if it's still around...

Dozer: I tagged the photo, Neville40FordnearPonteix. That should narrow it down to a few hundred square miles, if it's still around...

This is going to make you cry Doc, as soon as you said Ponteix I looked at the picture again, I know exactly where that was. The old fellow that owned and collected all that stuff died two years ago and the family sold the whole yard to Mexican Mennonites, they cut up and crushed everything except the old farm equipment :eek::mad:

That sucks. :mad:

What in the Sam Hill is a Mexican Mennonite? I'm familiar with the garden variety Mennonite but aside from that one trip to Tijuana, my exposure to Mexicans is limited to Cheech and Chong. :D

More hijacking... Sarge? You're trouble with a noticeable limp and a Chinese menu.

That sucks. :mad:

What in the Sam Hill is a Mexican Mennonite? I'm familiar with the garden variety Mennonite but aside from that one trip to Tijuana, my exposure to Mexicans is limited to Cheech and Chong. :D

More hijacking... Sarge? You're trouble with a noticeable limp and a Chinese menu.

From what I understand, German Mennonites that fled Germany at the end of WWII settled in Mexico. There a lots of them now coming to Canada.

Latest posts

Back