Help Needed.......Info

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougnDog

Hey guys my 454 took a dump and I cant afford to rebuild it so I'm going to buy a new 350 from Summit Racing for $1500.00 I need to know what will interchange as all the parts are new on the 454.
turbo 400 I'm told will bolt up no problem but do I need a new flex plate?
How about the 8" dampener?
The Assault distributor with the adjustable collar ?
Also motor mounts same bolt pattern on 350 block?
how about the starter?
I will be selling all of my 454 accessory cheep I will list them here for you guys if anyone wants them.
Thanks guys.

I may be wrong , I have been wrong 3 or 4 times today already , but I dont think nothing will interchange , one is a big block the other is a small block ,you can keep the carb, but thats about it on the engine. If the trans will bolt up Im sure the flex plate wont fit the 350

Shame about the big block. :(

Your ignition will fit the small block, you'll have to change the drive gear if going from hyd. to roller cam or vice versa. Starter should work depending on the pattern. Mounts will fit. Flexplate and dampener, no good.

Shame about the big block. :(

Your ignition will fit the small block, you'll have to change the drive gear if going from hyd. to roller cam or vice versa. Starter should work depending on the pattern. Mounts will fit. Flexplate and dampener, no good.

Thanks Dr that jives with my research, but good to hear from my on line buddies

flex plate and dampener will not work. 454 is externally balanced. If it was a 396 or 427 you could use the flex plate. Dampener is BBC only as well as 454 only due to external balance. Distributor, carb and motor mounts will swap. Exhaust and intake will not.

Something wrong with this thread I just I just made a reply and tying to submit it ...it said I'm not lodged in. this has happen a couple of times, same with posting pictures

Ill try once more......yes I just ordered a Good Wrench 350 from Summit for 1509.00 delivered to my door no shipping or taxes. the rest of the parts I need will run $600.00 so for $2100. Ill have a new engine to go with my new trans. the truck should out live me then.;) I sold the 454 and its parts for $600.00 so that helped soften the blow. Ill post pictures as I go thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Back