Small fire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
I caught my parking brake pad on fire today.
I forgot to release it and drove about 100 feet when the cab filled with smoke
I stopped and looked under there
Sure nuff a little bit of flame.
Used my fire extinguisher for the first time in my life

Thank god i am anal about safety equipment.
I am that guy who always has a spare key
And a can of fixaflat
Three lighters in the glovebox etc.

If you weren't so anal about safety equipment, your parking brake wouldn't even work and therefore wouldn't have caught fire in the first place. :D

Every hotrod, ratrod, streetrod, racecar or boat should have a fire extinguisher on board... not to mention your garage or shop. (Don't ask.)

Anal, perhaps, but only in this context.

Them little fires can get big in a hurry some times. I hadn't used a fire extinquisher for years untill lately. I've needed one 3 times in the last few months. A good thing to have around for sure.

Now if I can just remember to have them recharged before I need them again.
It pays to have 4 or 5 of them.

Glad you and the truck survived [cl

I've had two extinguishers in my shop for years and never had to used one, pressure gauge says it still has pressure [S The other is a PW (Pressurize Water) i have used that to chase off varmints now and then.
Maybe 46 as a FF helps, or i'm just lucky that way.[S

Last spring i was hauling a vault to the cemetery on our vault handler and an axle in the dana 60 melted to the housing at the bearing, throwing the 31x10.5 across two lanes of traffic into a new gmc 1 ton. The grease got so hot it caught fire, then catching the asphalt on fire. Thank god for the fire extinguisher latched between the door and the seat. Never thought id ever need it but after that i bought one for all my cars. Wish id taken a picture of the axle, never seen one look like that.

A working parking brake... seriously?!? [ddd[ddd[ddd

Guess the last time I had one was when I forgot to release it & smoked my pads... haven't had a working one since! :eek:

BoB

A working parking brake... seriously?!? [ddd[ddd[ddd

Guess the last time I had one was when I forgot to release it & smoked my pads... haven't had a working one since! :eek:

BoB
This is the first project that has had one.
I sure like it for warming up the engine
The throttle knob is nice too

glad all is safe...

but....

Attachments

• toasted.png
    toasted.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back