Tom's T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
Well here she is so far , I used a 50's chevy truck axle and home made bat wings and a few speed way parts up front and i made the latter bars and coil spring buckets out back and used camaro front shocks inthe coil spring buckets . This all kept the cost down and gave me some flexability on how i wanted it to look [hopefully!] Have about decided to just go with the 327 sbc i have and worry about the 4 cyl stuff on another build.
I know this aint as rat rod as it should be as a member of the RRR but i figure with the home made parts and the rusty bed sides i'll be useing should give yall some interesting stuff to see.
This is about the 4th T that i have started building but never got this far on the others ,ity fills good to finally get to see what it will look like and i can kinda see the light ast the end of the tunnle on this one !
tomsT003.jpg

tomsT002.jpg

tomsT001.jpg

When the weather is nice, there's nothing like a roadster ride on the country roads. Your T is looking good Tom. Great minds must work the same. I have a T roadster made out of that same stuff yours is made out of. It has a Chevy Van front axle and a 327. Keep up the good work and soon you can enjoy the ride.

If things keep fallin in place ,like they have been then you guys could be right ,i might even get to ride it some before summers over ,but i wont count my chickens yet! Heres to days work done ,bed is mocked up but i think i may need to move the rear up about 5'' or so .but over all lookin good to me!!!!
Man ! these T's are a lot of fun to build ,nowander theres so many out there!
Picture045.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture051.jpg

When the weather is nice, there's nothing like a roadster ride on the country roads. Your T is looking good Tom. Great minds must work the same. I have a T roadster made out of that same stuff yours is made out of. It has a Chevy Van front axle and a 327. Keep up the good work and soon you can enjoy the ride.

How about some pics of said bucket bob !knowing your work i would love to see it !!!

CT , what brand of body is that ? it looks alot bigger than other t bucket body`s i`ve seen

Its a speedway body,i think its a stock body but i dont really know ?
Does seem to have more room than i thought it would though,but the floor and everything isnt there yet ether .

Tom,, What front spring are you using? Seeing yours just gives me the bug to start one, After the truck. I like it !!!:D

Its a trailer spring that a friend gave me ,its 26 '' eye to eye.you can get them at tractor supply i have heard.
Better watch out that T -bucket stuff is catchy !
If i can help with any thing just ask.

Tom, your T is coming along great...........your co-pilot seems to be anxious for you to get it on the road too. :D:D

One thing I couldn't tell from the pictures, what are you doing for a panhard bar on the rear axle to keep it from moving sideways? You may already have it in or in the works, but I thought I would ask.

Don

Tom, your T is coming along great...........your co-pilot seems to be anxious for you to get it on the road too. :D:D

One thing I couldn't tell from the pictures, what are you doing for a panhard bar on the rear axle to keep it from moving sideways? You may already have it in or in the works, but I thought I would ask.

Don

Just gonna use the normal panhard bar set up on the rearand gonna try to make one work on the front when i get the time .
been crazy busy lately and havent been spending much time on the forums ,but will be back when things get back to normal!
Sorry for not taking time to post updates but i will try to make time .

well i'm back [hopefully you guy's may remember me,the bad spelling should give some clue]
Ben a long time sence my last post ,got a welding job and ben working my tail off,but i have actually got the T on the road and drive it every chance that i get .Lots of bugs to iron out as usual !
these are a little older pics ,i've aded a windshield new headers and a tailgate sence these were taken and i'll try to get some more recent ones on soon.

Attachments

• 101_3233.jpg
    101_3233.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 55
  • 101_3231.jpg
    101_3231.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 101_3234.jpg
    101_3234.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 46
well i'm back [hopefully you guy's may remember me,the bad spelling should give some clue]
Ben a long time sence my last post ,got a welding job and ben working my tail off,but i have actually got the T on the road and drive it every chance that i get .Lots of bugs to iron out as usual !
these are a little older pics ,i've aded a windshield new headers and a tailgate sence these were taken and i'll try to get some more recent ones on soon.

What did you use for a gas tank?

Latest posts

Back