Short 66

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short 66

Cab corners and rockers are in order! The floor is pretty good except for where the 20 pound bag of charcoal sat for 20 years! So in the next few weeks will be rust replacement.

52 fordman

Nice to see your truck and the enthusiasm you have for the project. It's gong to be a neat machine.

66 Shorty

Cant say that its done, but as of today I can drive it on the street! Got the title and plate in my name now.
Since last post I have air bags on the rear with manual valves and a 5 gallon tank. Exhaust turns out just before the rear tires. All the lights done and working (finally) and tons of little stuff rocker panel cab corners........

100_5946.jpg

100_5947.jpg

100_5950.jpg

the 66 sitting next to my new one.

just wonder what one will be driven more now. haha

52 fordman

66 c10

Well I would like to say the 66 but we all live in this world and its a 100 mile round trip to the job.

But the 66 will get its miles now.

52 fordman

I havn't seen one like this before,, I've seen them take the step out of a short wheel base and shorten the frame to match, that caught your eye , and it took you a few seconds to figure what they did. But it did look cool .

66 c10 shorty

Well lots has been done. Still working on trans issue but it drives okay. And I was given some primer with all the stuff to spray it so we got it done over the last week.
Free stuff is always great and all I can say is thanks to one of the local nascar shops here for the products!!!!!!! This is how it looks as of now.

Still have bumpers to do and put on all the little things mirror and wipers ect...

KIMG0307.jpg

KIMG0305.jpg

Thanks for looking and the cool comments

52 fordman

And yes I have driven it to work many times with no issues other then trans not right at an idle, 100 miles round trip!!

I wasn't really sure what I thought at first (it did kinda have a pulling truck vibe), but have to say the primer brought it all together as a cohesive unit. I like it! I sure wish I had some friends that work at Nascar shops................... :)

I must say at first I was a bit hesitant with what you were talking about ding body wise....

However, it looks really good, I'm all about proportions, but this works and works very well!

What else do you have planned?

66 c10

Thanks every one well first of all is fix the rad from where a screw driver went into it --- oops. Put the center caps on the wheels, paint the bumpers a hammered silver to match all the rest of the little things that have already been painted. Wanting to do a strip down the side along the lines of the trim and paint the top of the cab whites as the factory had it. Thinking about using a single stage white for both. And our daughter said it should have some sort of pin strips on the hood. More pics to come in the next few days or so. :D

52 fordman

Oh and yes she has had her fair share of greasy finger nails!

Sold sold sold

Well put it on craigslist and within a day it sold! Now to get the 49 home and start on it.

52 fordman

Thanks for all the comments it was a fun easy build and fun to drive.

Latest posts

Back