Modern Day Hot Rods??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knucklehead29

I know a lot of us have an obsession with old tin, but does anyone have any "modern day" hot rods? Any modern day weapons of choice? Here is mine:

1996 Mustang Cobra conv.
49,000 Original miles
"Mildly" modified

Attachments

• DSCF0557.JPG
    DSCF0557.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF0556.jpg
    DSCF0556.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0560.jpg
    DSCF0560.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0561.jpg
    DSCF0561.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 26
This is about as close to 'Modern' as I got.

I don't intend to be a thread thief, as this might turn into a muscle car showcase. Sorry!

Attachments

• 72Duster.jpg
    72Duster.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 47
Ya I was thinking anything from the 70's on was considered "modern" on this message board. So post away people. I know more of us have some serious hot rod toys!

modern?

the 69 camaro was mine, the 69 pickup was my buddy's. i sold the camaro a few years ago to pay some bills and had enough left over to buy the 29 chevy i'm building now. the pickup was just sold 2 monthes ago.

Attachments

• 69.jpg
    69.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 29
At the risk of upsetting any one here, I am responding to the request.
here is our "other" car..................

IMG_02111-1.jpg

Fifteen years of producing the local Cruise Night & car show, while our hammered 31 2dr sat unattended to in the garage. We stole this car off of eBay and found that the friends/gearhead friends we thought we had basically disowned us as "selling out" when we came home with this. It's a car, damn it! It does not define who we are. It will probably be laid up the whole summer as I'm having a ball building the DeSoto...........

At the risk of upsetting any one here, I am responding to the request.
here is our "other" car..................

IMG_02111-1.jpg

Fifteen years of producing the local Cruise Night & car show, while our hammered 31 2dr sat unattended to in the garage. We stole this car off of eBay and found that the friends/gearhead friends we thought we had basically disowned us as "selling out" when we came home with this. It's a car, damn it! It does not define who we are. It will probably be laid up the whole summer as I'm having a ball building the DeSoto...........

I say screw the morons who think it's only one way. When you are a gear head you are a gear head. To each his own. I would never rag on someone who only owned classic cars, thus they shouldn't rag on anyone that has a vintage car and a modern car. I mean some guys bleed vintage cars, but I think it's pretty dumb to bag on your brother because he has a bit of sense and drives a modern car. Not to mention that car is pretty much based on the old school stying of the T-bucket anyways. So what the hell are they bitching about?

I roll a 2008 Harley Nightrain too....but that doesn't change the way I feel about 50's model Ford trucks. One day I will have enough money to get my dream truck ('56 Ford Truck) and fix it up just like I want. Until then I will sit on the sideline and soak up as much as I can while I tinker with my Mustang Cobra and my Harley.

I guess the true question is:

Just because a guy has an old ride, tats up his arms, and 10 lbs of grease in his hair doesn't make him old school. It's what's in his heart.

You guys are 10 steps ahead of me. I am just on the sidelines admiring. One day I will get my ride and use everything I learned. But I hope that the next rat show I go to no one gives me flack just because they don't think I am "old skool" to the bone. Truth is I am only 29 years old, most of these cars were way before my time, but I have always admired them and always wanted one.

Sorry I went off on a tangent there. Just a sore subject..lol

001-3.jpg

This was my daily drive that I build from a bone stock two wheel drive I bought off an old man. I pulled the bumpers in 4", radiused the exh into the body behind the wheels, shaved all four handles and all chrome, put late 80s stationwagon mirrors on it, painted it, lowered 7/5, and rollin' on rodlite 15x8/15x10.

When you are a gear head you are a gear head.
I guess the true question is:
Just because a guy has an old ride, tats up his arms, and 10 lbs of grease in his hair doesn't make him old school. It's what's in his heart.
Truth is I am only 29 years old, most of these cars were way before my time, but I have always admired them and always wanted one.

Sorry I went off on a tangent there. Just a sore subject..lol

There's an awful lot of wisdom in your 29 years. My gut feeling is that you're a "fossil" in training.

I'm quickly getting the feeling that rhis site (as well as H.A.M.B.) have become places where we feel like we're part of something, be it support, kindred spirit, empowerment, you name it. Just about everywhere else we seem to be defending our creativity/individuality. I could go on, but why bother.

I (for one) congratulate you of your perspective. I'm glad you're aboard.

Ed W

Latest posts

Back