Please help identify the origin

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4dr orphan

My son-in-law recently gave me an item he purchased off eBay. The seller had no idea where it came from, but that it was kicking around in his garage for a long time.

In the efort to keep everything modern hidden, I needed to find a way of having the automatic transmission gear indicator visible to the driver, but hidden to the observer. I ruled out the DAKOTA DIGITAL (dash) unit due to it's modern appearance. My son-in-law picked this item up off of eBay. The seller had claimed it was "kicking around for years".

It is a billet rear view mirror that contains LED indicators for Park, Reverse, N, Dr. D & L as well as both arrows for the turn indicators & a high beam indicator. It fills our needs precisly. Our intent is to paint the machined area a creme or some neutral color to hid the billet finish. The problem is who made it? I need the schematic for it as well as the transmitter for the gear selection (which would only help me when I could decipher the wires. I sent for the newest DAKOTA DIGITAL catologue but there was nothing like it. I tried to "Google" it, but to no avail. This is an incredible unit & just what we need, but at this point, it's useless.

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

I sent an email to STREET RODDER asking if they might know. They were interested in the item, but had no clue of it's origin.

This thing will solve more issues for us than I can explain, but first I need to know....................

Who made it?

Last edited:
If your feeling lucky the schematic is easy, just hook the black wire to a 12v battery ground and touch each wire to positive to see what lights. I would think any indicator switch from a manufacture like Locar that makes a mechanical contact switch would work.

If your feeling lucky the schematic is easy, just hook the black wire to a 12v battery ground and touch each wire to positive to see what lights. I would think any indicator switch from a manufacture like Locar that makes a mechanical contact switch would work.

Lokar has a sending unit (for lack of a better word) that might work. Priced at just under $190, the best I could hope for is that the schematic would be the same. The remaining wires would then have to be the turn signals & high beam indicator................(I hope).

I was just hoping someone on this Board would recognize this item & where it came from......

Anyone?

Latest posts

Back