A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to like the look of parallel leaf springs on the front.
Yes, Flip. A pretty simple system too.

Doing all the small non-picture worthy stuff. Dave, at Dave's muffler shop bent a pair of 90 degree pipes and put a flare on one end for the donut gaskets that fit the manifolds. Here's how the exhaust system sits. High and dry. Another leg burner.

Attachments

• IMG_3118.jpg
    IMG_3118.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3119.jpg
    IMG_3119.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3120.jpg
    IMG_3120.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 33
Bracketology

My friend Jeff, aka Titus, gave an electric fan to me. No mounting brackets. Made these out of 1/8" by 1/2" flat stock. They fit in the rectangular holes in the fan housing.

Attachments

• IMG_3123.jpg
    IMG_3123.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3124.jpg
    IMG_3124.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 33
Nice on the progress..... bad news no answer from Torchie.

If you guys pray, pray he gets better or goes quick without any pain.
Better to be here with us....but not in pain.

My name is Steve aka Technician!. Torchie is my brother, and he introduced me to this site. Such a great bunch of people on here! Time, distance and family have caused us to not be in touch so much for the past many years, but in the last 2 years we have re-discovered each other due to our love of old cars. I bought a 1952 Caddy about a year ago, and we have had, up until recently, daily phone conversations about it and his Dodge...as well as the 1950 Caddy that he wanted as well. When ever I was up his way, I would go over and work with him in his garage, "imagineering" (as he coined it) over what approach to take on a particular obstacle at that moment.
As many of you know, he is not well.
I am hoping that he will see his way clear to advertising his Dodge for sale so as to relieve him of the additional burden. I spoke with him today and continued the encouragement.
Best regards to all.
Didn't mean to butt in on this thread...just happened to see him mentioned so I thought that it was as good a thread as any to mention him.

Steve, you are welcome to use this thread for Torchie updates. You can't know how heartbroken many of us are to hear that he is failing. We have followed his builds and enjoyed every minute all the while knowing that he was fighting against some serious ailments. If I was younger I would be honored to be in the bidding for Karl's Dodge. He has turned "ugly" into "beauty". Thanks for joining and keeping us updated.

I ain't got no body.

Here it is folks. The rolling chassis, minus a few details. Turning my attention to the body. Today I mounted the rear tires to the rims with my trusty tire irons. Got a fair bit of welding to do. Then some grinding. Remember, the goal is to have a roadster that looks like it was built on an extreme budget by kids that didn't possess tools or experience. That's me. Fixed income, old primitive tools and entering my second childhood.

Attachments

• IMG_3125.jpg
    IMG_3125.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3127.jpg
    IMG_3127.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3129.jpg
    IMG_3129.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Here it is folks. The rolling chassis, minus a few details. Turning my attention to the body. Today I mounted the rear tires to the rims with my trusty tire irons. Got a fair bit of welding to do. Then some grinding. Remember, the goal is to have a roadster that looks like it was built on an extreme budget by kids that didn't possess tools or experience. That's me. Fixed income, old primitive tools and entering my second childhood.

And a fine job of it![cl

Thanks to Steve for the news on our friend Torchie, our thoughts are with him...
Bob, once again you have created something cool out of stuff that others might have chucked out. I'm digging your build "code" for a simple hotrod and it's something that is lacking a lot these days with all the fancy tools and shiny parts at our disposal....

That looks great Bob.

Steve, thanks for the update on Karl. I was just speaking to my wife about him last night, wondering how he was making out. He's like a friend to all of us around here - a friend we've never met but feel that we know so well. Please give him our best wishes.

Im not up to speed on Torchie, but saddened to hear he is not well.

Bob, this thing is awesome, Might be my favorite Bob build, hard to say though there has been so many this thing looks right to me!

Latest posts

Back