A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some shots of the rear. I have a T handle for the deck lid but it might make it too cluttered appearing.

Attachments

• IMG_3140.jpg
    IMG_3140.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3141.jpg
    IMG_3141.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3142.jpg
    IMG_3142.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 39
Trunk handle? Don't know. I have a cabinet pull that resembles the license light. But, I like it bare.
More parts are finding their way onto the rig. The wood is stained and in place. Just got to bolt it in. Yes, it's an automatic trans, but I did some more trickeration with the clutch pedal and shifter. The emergency brake handle is the shifter. All just for fun.

Attachments

• IMG_3143.jpg
    IMG_3143.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3144.jpg
    IMG_3144.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 43
The Model T headlights I intended to use didn't look right. I dug through my attic of treasures and found these 1929 Model A buckets. Bought sealed beam adapters and repro lenses. Much better. Also had to add leaves to the front springs to gain some axle clearance.

The deer in the pic has a broken leg. She has been bedding down 30 feet from our back door. The only predators she has to worry about are motor vehicles and one already found her. I put out corn and deer food and she seems healthy.

Attachments

• IMG_3152.jpg
    IMG_3152.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3151.jpg
    IMG_3151.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for the comments and for following along. I appreciate it. Lot of small tasks completed. More to go. My 81 year old body is holding me back a bit. Progress is slow.

More small stuff. Painted the home made windshield frame and made a tag board pattern for the Lexan windshield. Finished all the wiring. Just have to neatify some if it under the dash. I used new cloth covered wire where it it visible for a vintage look. Made a Garmin mount that bolts to the steering column. The engine is complete except for a starter.

Attachments

• IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3158.jpg
    IMG_3158.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3160.jpg
    IMG_3160.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back