Willys Wagon Help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Whyworry. Lots of good information I'll look into reskinning the roof with some late model wagon roof. Leaning more toward building a frame cuz it's what I like to do.

Also, thank you transport module #3. I'll check the pull-a part yards for Toyotas.

answered a Craigslist ad and got these Front runner tires for $40. They're practically new. For the dragster. It will be going on a diet this winter.

A friend gave me this Mustang II front end. Stopped at one of my favorite junkyards to see about getting a Willys wagon stock frame. They had one but wanted too much. Pretty sure I can find one for a couple hundred. I'll probably go with a stock frame and put the MII front under it. The stock parallel leaf springs in back will be easy to work with. Might have to "Z" the frame to get it low in back.

I finally ventured into the hills of the Mississippi river valley and picked up the Willys wagon body. Tuesday I'll go to French Lke Auto Parts and check out a few junked Willys wagons to see if there is a decent frame.
I won't start this build until the Renault and Bantam are done. Well, almost done.:D
Current thinking is a small block Chevy, Mustang II front suspension with a power rack, S10 rear on S10 lowering leaf springs and a 4" top chop. Nothing special. Just a good, reliable, comfortable car.

Here's one we had at the shop for a while. It got traded off for a '46 Chev pickup cab/hood/grill/fenders/bed.

Attachments

• 20141018_171040139_iOS.jpg
    20141018_171040139_iOS.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 23
If I recall correctly the wagoneer frames fit pretty well under the Willys wagon bodies too. Looks like the parts wagon you got may have your frame though.

Latest posts

Back