the vettester

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, not to get too far off track but I caught an ad back during the weekend. A guy had both Mod.A & T up near me that were cut down to homemade tractors. Around here they called them Doodle-bugs. The A had fenders and cowl and shell and probably some original gear in it. If I remember the T didn't have fenders but had a cut down cab. I was on my way out to see them and I did, they passed me going out....:( Guy only wanted 500 for both and I would have snagged them.

From what I understand, during the war when fuel rationing occurred, anything that was considered a truck got more fuel alotted on the ration cards, so people converted all kinds of vehicles into trucks for more gas...

Earthman - What's been going on with the Vettester?

Too many projects and too little time IR. Thanks for asking. The Earthmobile is in the garage now and shouldn't take that much to get it back on the road. (i keep telling myself) The vettester will go back into rotation next and i have a plan for getting it thru the titling/registration process. I intend to add a few things to make it look more believable to the DMV inspectors this time. :) Then i will actually drive it in for the inspection with temporary tags and insurance.

Too many projects and too little time IR. Thanks for asking. The Earthmobile is in the garage now and shouldn't take that much to get it back on the road. (i keep telling myself) The vettester will go back into rotation next and i have a plan for getting it thru the titling/registration process. I intend to add a few things to make it look more believable to the DMV inspectors this time. :) Then i will actually drive it in for the inspection with temporary tags and insurance.

It does seem that the average DMV inspector is lacking in the imagination department. :D

Latest posts

Back