28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a big delivery the other day. Thanks to Doc and Btard for all there help in selecting the right parts for the 440. Edelbrock performer manifold and a Comp cams, Cam, lifter and timing set.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also received the seat belt I ordered from OEM Seatbelts, U.S. company that build seat belts for the big three. Good Price, great quality. I don't legally have to have seat belts in the car but the wife says I do and it keeps the LEO's happy. I got them installed using 1/4 x 4 steel plate welded into the lower door frames and 2x2 square tubing welded into the door and roof frame at the top.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also got the chop done on the windshield frame and did a heat and hammer adjustment on the top of the drivers side A pillar.

attachment.php

And a video link. https://youtu.be/QgJcy2Avvl0

Attachments

• Resize of Parts 001.jpg
    Resize of Parts 001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Resize of Parts 002.jpg
    Resize of Parts 002.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Resize of Parts 003.jpg
    Resize of Parts 003.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Resize of Parts 006.jpg
    Resize of Parts 006.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Parts 007.jpg
    Resize of Parts 007.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Resize of Parts 008.jpg
    Resize of Parts 008.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 46
Great progress 😎😎😎😎
Nothing wrong with some personal protection.
I’ve told this story before...
The guy that bought my old daily driver ( modified 1950 GMC panel truck) hit a suburban with it and did a header into a power pole. He said the only thing that saved him was the seatbelt/ shoulder harness system that was installed during the build.
Torchie

Good job on the A pillar.
I really like the Edelbrock Airgap intakes. They're a great all around intake.

Thanks OI, I have read good things about them.

Great progress 😎😎😎😎
Nothing wrong with some personal protection.
I’ve told this story before...
The guy that bought my old daily driver ( modified 1950 GMC panel truck) hit a suburban with it and did a header into a power pole. He said the only thing that saved him was the seatbelt/ shoulder harness system that was installed during the build.
Torchie

Thanks Torchie, I agree on the personal protection.

I did a compression test on the 440 yesterday prior to tear down. The plugs were extremely fowled with carbon, not surprising the carb is buggered and ther was an extra 2-3 liters in the pan when I changed the oil. Being a low compression 1976 440 I wasn't expecting much. I think the results were pretty good, lowest was 118 highest was 125. Remember this motor hasn't run more than an hour in 8 years.

Keep plugging away at the little things. On another thread a member was asking about adding a cross member under the motor, which got me thinking about the frame on my car. I removed two cross members and replaced them with the frame work I built for the trans cross member but realized there was nothing from the trans mount to the Mustang II cross member, so I made a new cross member with a removable center section. Also got the last two body mounts made. as well as 15/8"125 wall tube across the back for frame support and a bumper. Also got a start on the exhaust system, just waiting for the mufflers to arrive.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Cross member 001.jpg
    Resize of Cross member 001.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of Cross member 002.jpg
    Resize of Cross member 002.jpg