Old Tractor, Twin City.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bam, there will be some colour details, Red. Not a lot, though. I've only seen one picture of a Twin City with pinstripes on the spokes and I wonder if the restorer just added them himself. Dang guys who hotrod things, eh!
Anyhow, I have done some more work on the old girl. Here is one fender primed, painted and installed.

Attachments

• IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 21
Now the other rear fender is primed, painted and installed. Just the muffler left.

Attachments

• IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1962.jpg
    IMG_1962.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 17
Well Skip, this one will ride on a trailer some, but I will get you some pictures of this tractor in 'untrailer-queen' mode this summer.
I didn't really think you would go to this much work building it so you could just stare at it. [cl:D

I had been given an old looking muffler that was never used because some bored thug had beat on it with a piece of angle iron. That could be fixed, right,------Wrong! I did the best that I could, boring 7/16" holes in the bottom of the muffler and then heating the thick stainless steel wall up at the dents and trying to pry the dents outward with a long screwdriver, all the while, pounding down around the dent with a brass hammer. Then I gave up and put it on the tractor. Oh ya, I welded up the holes that I had made.

And speaking of weird other projects, I brought home something to pull with this Twin City tractor, a Massey-Harris seed drill. This needs a wee bit of tinkering yet, after 35 years of neglect.

Attachments

• IMG_1968.jpg
    IMG_1968.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1970.jpg
    IMG_1970.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 34
Pretty cool are, you planning on using these in vintage farming demonstrations?

That would be fun!!
There is A "Fly Wheelers" show near us that we used to got to every year. Lots of great old machinery to see. I always enjoyed watching the old Ford Model T's that had been set up to do things other like running saw mills.
Torchie

Yes Dozer we have had one or two plow days each year for about 20 years. For the last few years we've also had combine days with old stuff from the forties, fifties and sixties. Now, we're starting a seeding day in the old tractor club. There is a local heavy horse club that has been doing all of this longer than we have.
#1 My daughter Chanelle on her Minneapolis-Moline 'U' plowing.
#2 Me on my John Deere 'AR' plowing
#3 Me on my Massey Ferguson '95' pulling two plows in tandem.

Attachments

• Plowing..jpg
    Plowing..jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 31
  • SMP_3693.jpg
    SMP_3693.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2341.jpg
    IMG_2341.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 33
Here is a picture of my brother Rob and Me seeding with end wheel drills. Rob is driving a John Deere A and I'm on a Cockshutt 80.

Attachments

• SeedingOldtime.May12.2018 046.jpg
    SeedingOldtime.May12.2018 046.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 34
Small, we were seeding wheat, but usually the guys that are planning to thresh the plots in the fall will grow oats. We will have a threshing day on this spot in the fall, and most of the work will have been done with old machinery, but wheat was chosen because there are many crop protection chemicals that can be sprayed on wheat to take out all of the weeds. Oats are closely related to Alberta Black Oats [wild oats] and so we can't spray the wild oat killers on an oat crop.

With respect and my usual sarcastic demeanor, I have a question for the Rob and I brothers... how do you seed and grow a concrete pad?

Latest posts

Back