Rat Rods Rule - Rat Rods, Hot Rods, Bikes, Photos, Builds, Tech, Talk & Advice  since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule - Rat Rods, Hot Rods, Bikes, Photos, Builds, Tech, Talk & Advice since 2007! > Product Reviews!

Product Reviews! Give your pals the thumbs up or thumbs down on products you've tried!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-15-2017, 01:56 PM
Dr Crankenstein's Avatar
Dr Crankenstein Dr Crankenstein is online now
Rocket Surgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SK CAN
Posts: 3,825
Default

Yes, we are saying you don't need a residual valve.

.
__________________
- The distinction between psychological illness and creative thinking is wafer thin -
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-15-2017, 02:32 PM
DozerII's Avatar
DozerII DozerII is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Saskatchewan Can.
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
Yes, we are saying you don't need a residual valve.

.
Thank you.

I attempted to put a review of the prop valve on Summits site, explained what the problem was with it and how the replacement was to be handled and they refused to publish it.
__________________
Glen
My 29 Essex Build http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34026

Don't give up, it's far too much fun once you can drive it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Old Iron's Avatar
Old Iron Old Iron is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Willard Mo.
Posts: 8,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
With absolute respect, OI... I reserve the right to misinterpret everything I hear and read.

.
Doc, you have my permission to question anything I say
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerII View Post
Thank you.

I attempted to put a review of the prop valve on Summits site, explained what the problem was with it and how the replacement was to be handled and they refused to publish it.
Fancy that
__________________
1933 Pontiac 401 GS Nailhead
1935 Dodge pickup Blown Big Block
38 Ford Bobber
1948 GMC 5 window
51 Chevy 5 Window
Peabody's 37 GMC

It takes someone getting close to use a knife on you......... "Torchie 2016"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-18-2017, 04:22 AM
DozerII's Avatar
DozerII DozerII is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Saskatchewan Can.
Posts: 1,081
Thumbs up Things are looking up

Got two emails from a fellow higher up the food chain at Summit yesterday, that knows what customer service is all about. He told me the reason they could not post my negative product review was because I included the bad customer service in it. He offered to ship me out another prop valve of higher quality ans then pay my return freight on the faulty one. And it it already shipped.
__________________
Glen
My 29 Essex Build http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34026

Don't give up, it's far too much fun once you can drive it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-18-2017, 07:27 AM
Old Iron's Avatar
Old Iron Old Iron is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Willard Mo.
Posts: 8,574
Default


Now that's the Summit I respect.
__________________
1933 Pontiac 401 GS Nailhead
1935 Dodge pickup Blown Big Block
38 Ford Bobber
1948 GMC 5 window
51 Chevy 5 Window
Peabody's 37 GMC

It takes someone getting close to use a knife on you......... "Torchie 2016"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-18-2017, 06:41 PM
Dr Crankenstein's Avatar
Dr Crankenstein Dr Crankenstein is online now
Rocket Surgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SK CAN
Posts: 3,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Iron View Post
Doc, you have my permission to question anything I say
Likewise. (I often open the exhaust valve before the intake closes. )

Dozer: I'm happy to hear Summit came clean.

In my opinion, they have gone to lengths to serve their Canadian customers... and by that, I mean, they created the Ontario warehouse to serve us better... which allows them to ship directly, without added fees, tax and "double billing" as it was in the past. (I've got a lovely UPS story I'll tell you next time we talk. )

P.S. No offense to UPS, (Sam) just the way they used to do things when a shipment "transformed" at the border.


.
__________________
- The distinction between psychological illness and creative thinking is wafer thin -
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-19-2017, 05:53 AM
DozerII's Avatar
DozerII DozerII is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Saskatchewan Can.
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
Likewise. (I often open the exhaust valve before the intake closes. )

Dozer: I'm happy to hear Summit came clean.

In my opinion, they have gone to lengths to serve their Canadian customers... and by that, I mean, they created the Ontario warehouse to serve us better... which allows them to ship directly, without added fees, tax and "double billing" as it was in the past. (I've got a lovely UPS story I'll tell you next time we talk. )

P.S. No offense to UPS, (Sam) just the way they used to do things when a shipment "transformed" at the border.


.
Don't get me going on UPS
__________________
Glen
My 29 Essex Build http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34026

Don't give up, it's far too much fun once you can drive it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Rat Rods Rule Inc.