Weekend, Fun With Holes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Some of the things I did on the cars this weekend was mundane and not picture worthy, but I made this gas tank strap for my dad's Willys project that's pretty neat. A math wizard equipped with a computer and a cnc water jet machine could probably whip this piece up in about twenty minutes, but a dummy equipped with a ruler, drill press, band saw and file.......considerably longer. I still have to make the front mounting legs but this is pretty much it, It will probably get chrome plated later so it has a nice finished look and contrast on the black tank.

Did anybody else make any progress this weekend?

In progress photo.............................

WOW

Gastrick, i program and operate a waterjet, and that piece you made is a work of art, hand work can be labor intensive but it still works, i would be proud to run it on any thing i have, Tracy

Now that's cool. You got a heck of a lot more patience then I do for detail work like that.

Again...looks cool and nice work

2008_0706box0001.jpg

Wow! really nice work, Gastrick. Great imagination and skill, along with patience.
I started building a car trailer to haul my Crosley to nostalgia drags. 6 feet by 12 feet. It's a small car.

2008_0706box0001.jpg

Wow! really nice work, Gastrick. Great imagination and skill, along with patience.
I started building a car trailer to haul my Crosley to nostalgia drags. 6 feet by 12 feet. It's a small car.

Hey Bob does your Crosley look like this one?

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Roddingron, Is that Crosley powered digger yours? What does it run for e.t./mph? It looks like it is very nicely built. I have a Crosley Wagon with a 406 SBC in it. So it's a lot different that the digger.
Bob

Gastrick, you are one amazing dude! :) Not only do you have the patience to do all that intricate stuff, but you get everything even and straight. Like the 10 bazillion rivets in your interior.............what a job that must have been.

Love the gas tank hold down.

Don

got my roof and rims painted on the 53. found out that i have a match set of 3 rims after i painted. had to shoot the roof twice cause of runs. hardware store was closed on the 4th so i went to the dollar store and got some "blue" tape. found out that you can buy "blue" masking tape at the dollar store for $3.00. learned that dollar store "blue" masking is not made to stick to things, its just "blue"...:p

2008_0708box0001.jpg

Doubt if anyone cares, but, here's a trailer update. Bought an axle. Welded in all 9 crossmembers. Decided to make it a tilt bed cuz my Crosley only has 3 inches of ground clearance under the engine and trans pans. I would need 12 foot long ramps. Will visit my favorite steel yard tomorrow to get material for the tongue and subframe.

Latest posts

Back