Free stuff and a plan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I've been wanting to do an older body on a 77-79 F250 4x4 frame for a long time. I've had a 460 with a ZF given to me a while back. Yesterday I got a free 77(late) F250 4x4 given to me that is just a stripped out cab and the chassis. I'm looking at some different options on 57-60 bodys. Probably be a 59.
This would be my main and only pickup if it turned out good. I will probably sell the 59 I have now. I like it but with 4.56s, just too slow.

the width is going to be a small issue
your thinking of putting a body from a truck with a 61" wheel track on a frame with a 65" track
3/4 ton might be a little wider
2" per side not too bad can fix that with wheel offset

the width is going to be a small issue
your thinking of putting a body from a truck with a 61" wheel track on a frame with a 65" track
3/4 ton might be a little wider
2" per side not too bad can fix that with wheel offset

Most of the old trucks tucked the wheels quite a bit anyways. And since he's going 4x4, he may want the wheels out a bit. I don't think it will be an issue, even if he wants the wheels tucked there are a lot of options for wheels with more backspace.

One thing I don't like the looks of when an older body goes on a newer 4x4 frame is the tires sticking out. I'll just have to deal with that when I get to it but I was thinking some cheby wheels since they have less offset. Or just get some custom made stock looking steel wheels.

I have a good cab now in the 59 parts truck, fenders will need patched. Also got a title with it. Kinda waiting on my bone marrow biopsy from last wednesday to see how my winter will play out. I might be back in Minneapolis with the purdy nurses for the winter.

fr1.jpg

fr.jpg

willow i had a ranger body and a f-150 frame i had to do something with , so i put them to a use .. it being a 4x4 it dont look that bad to me .. its going to be a field truck or dirt road truck anyway ,Half the wheel is past the fender , but its ok

Attachments

• fr1.jpg
    fr1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 30
View attachment 136702

View attachment 136704

willow i had a ranger body and a f-150 frame i had to do something with , so i put them to a use .. it being a 4x4 it dont look that bad to me .. its going to be a field truck or dirt road truck anyway ,Half the wheel is past the fender , but its ok

Yeah, looks just right for a mudder or off road truck, just not the look I want for the 59. I want it to look like my stock 59 F250 4x4, only with taller tires. I'm thinking 255x85x16

wish we were closer ive got the frame from the ranger and they are fairly flat ,, it has some rise toward the front but not as i thought it would . I also had a 40 ford coupe body , (which i never got to do anything with ) with the 79 comaro front clip welded in and the wheels stuck half out from under the fender,,, just didnt look good .

Latest posts

Back