challenge rolled it...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch

RRR Supportor
challenge rolled in...

[S[S[S

a challenge rolled in today ... remains of 65 Fury... Several someone`s went through that one over time...
patches stacked in 3-4 layers, quarters warped like tin foil... basicly the whole rear is shot. like most 60`s mopars :rolleyes:

There`s not a decent panel available for these boats. The owner threw in a couple quarter repair panels and a trunk floor but they are really worse than starting from scratch... looking forward to welding those huge near flat panels :eek:

I hate it when a body is blasted and then put in primer... whats the use of blasting.... :p

Attachments

• IMGP1870.jpg
    IMGP1870.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMGP1876.jpg
    IMGP1876.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMGP1887.jpg
    IMGP1887.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 52
  • IMGP1893.jpg
    IMGP1893.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMGP1894.jpg
    IMGP1894.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMGP1898.jpg
    IMGP1898.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
well seems you guys have more faith in me than me... personally I dont understand why someone would start throwing money into this. These C bodies seem to be the only somewhat affordable mopars out there and he starts with the biggest project he could find and cant do any of the work himself... I bet by the time it`s done, he payed enough to get a perfect condition matching #`s 4speed 426 wedge :p
To do it right is gonna take a bunch of hrs and Im not too sure he fully understands [S
cool landyacht but it sure is a challenge for me...

Best of luck with that project Dutch...but as the others have said, we have faith that you will make it right. Please keep us posted on progress, I love learning from skilled buggers like you:).

That first pic says it all. That's a body I would rivet some patches on, paint it up like an old race car, and have fun with it on the cheap.

[S[S[S

I hate it when a body is blasted and then put in primer... whats the use of blasting.... :p
But, it looks so good all one color [ddd

I bet by the time it`s done, he payed enough to get a perfect condition matching #`s 4speed 426 wedge :p
To do it right is gonna take a bunch of hrs and Im not too sure he fully understands [S
I've always told my customers, you can almost always buy one done cheaper than one can be built.

That first pic says it all. That's a body I would rivet some patches on, paint it up like an old race car, and have fun with it on the cheap.
And for Gods sake not number 43 and Petty blue :(
Iconic vehicles are way over done.

Yes, they could buy one that is finished but what is underneath? With you, they will get the best.

well, I dont think it`s going to be a work of art... He "just wants to enjoy and drive it" ... meaning; I dont want to spend a lot..?
but... I don`t know how to cut corners on a project like this. [S Enjoy for how long exactly? I know I wouldnt enjoy seeing pounds of filler when the car is in the hot summer sun... I know I wouldnt enjoy seeing blisters 2 yrs after that expensive paint job. Usually the fastest way to get all panels to actually fit, is to make them like the factory designed them. No clue on some of the panels... :rolleyes:[P[;) I guess I`ll just start hacking away

I don`t know how to cut corners on a project like this. [S

Neither do I. When I owned a service shop, my favorite line was, "You can have it done right, or you can have it done right now."

Most customers understood, some didn't... at any speed, I refused to cheapen myself.

A wise man once told me, "All you have is your integrity."

challenge rolled out again...

well... something like that...

oh well...never mind :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 27
I don`t know how to cut corners on a project like this. [S

I think if he expects you to cut corners, the best way is to just give the car back to him and ask him to find a shop that is willing to do sub-par work.

Just remember that if you do sub-par work on this car, that's attached to your name. :(

I think if he expects you to cut corners, the best way is to just give the car back to him and ask him to find a shop that is willing to do sub-par work.

Just remember that if you do sub-par work on this car, that's attached to your name. :(

thats what I thought. I`m also sure there`s not way to short cut hrs on this, doing decent resto work or a hack job. Maybe he can find someone who wont pay taxes and work for $10 an hr. Too bad, I love saving an old Mopar...

That's exactly what I used to do when I had the body shop... people would
come in with a piece of junk and say I just want it to pass inspection :rolleyes:
No one ever asks what kind of agreement you had with the shop just who
did that work? I felt that if I did that kind of work that would be the only
kind of work I would get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back