new to me air compressor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch

RRR Supportor
picked up this 2 stage Westinghouse compressor today. Runs like a champ. 66 gallon tank 175 psi.
I understand its quality stuff but I dont know anything about it. Cant find a build date or anything... like it anyway :D:cool:

Attachments

• IMGP3763.jpg
    IMGP3763.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 34
did a little search and its a 1-byc, cant see what yr since someone touched the tag with a grinder right where the date is. Oldest I found was 1940, newest 1950... how cool is that haha :cool:

yea well... it runs and builds pressure like new. But... :rolleyes:

I checked the tank on the inside , which ofcourse I should have done before dragging the beast home... I don`t have the balls to take it to 175psi again ... 17.5 maybe :p 3" of soaking wet rusty chunk debris and heavy pitting underneath.

off to find another tank. Too bad as it is the factory tank. :( BBQ anyone? :D

That's unfortunate, but better safe than sorry.

I was close to a compressor tank failure once. It let go just as we left my cousin's garage. The BOOM tested our bodily functions (to say the very least) and we were lucky to be out of the building when it happened. :eek:

ok... I`m officially speechless... [S

I pulled the pump and motor and started to flush the tank and powerwash and flush and pw and so on til water started clearing up. I had no real hopes for this tank since I could feel a really rough surface underneath all crud when pushed a metal strip through.

Turned out that rough surface was a thick coating in the lower part of the tank and most crap was probably coating from the rest of the tank which had come loose over time ... It cleaned up like BLING inside :cool::cool::cool:

no pitting whatsoever in a 70/80 yr old tank... wow, I`m stumped [cl
I`m over the moon I get to keep the factory combo to run another day [cl

Latest posts

Back