1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a start on the center frame structure. I can only go so far without the drivetrain and body present though I have enough measurements in hand to do this part. The lower level of the structure will have a 2" drop center to give more room for mufflers and an under floor battery, plus it will allow mounting the engine/tranny lower, level with the bottom of the frame.
Dang! [cl

Did a little more work on the center structure and did a test fitting of the front suspension. I ordered the rotors with a 5 on 5 bolt pattern to fit the set of widened Packard 16" rims that will be used, they look like custom smoothie wheels.

Attachments

• DSC01378.jpg
    DSC01378.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01381.jpg
    DSC01381.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC01385.jpg
    DSC01385.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01386.jpg
    DSC01386.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 86
Went to check on the body today, my buddy is getting it ready to send to me soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 98
You know its a good looking design when basically none of it is there.. and it already looks good Im not sure if it gets any better than a mid to late 30s 3 window

Packard built some of the most beautiful cars of their time....Then came the 50's.:eek:
When I lived in the Detroit area I would drive by the remnants of the Packard plant 2 or 3 times a week.
[P [P [P
Torchie

I really wanted to know who has that many International Scouts laying around their yard...AND an Mercedes cab over big truck...[cl

Oh...Nice coupe too

I bet your buddy is a fan of IH Scouts.

You don't know the half of it -- He has had as many as 100 Scouts, along with even more IH Travelalls :eek:
A serious Cornbinder addiction....

You know its a good looking design when basically none of it is there.. and it already looks good Im not sure if it gets any better than a mid to late 30s 3 window

Ain't it the truth :cool:
I wish he'd let me at it sooner - this pic was from 2013 - it's been stored in a drippy old greenhouse on the wet coast of BC - it had been media blasted and epoxy primed - shows what a damp environment can do over time.

Attachments

• DSC01836.jpgx.jpg
    DSC01836.jpgx.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 51
Glad to see you're back at it, ZZ. This one is going to be awesome again!

I hope your wife is doing better now, sorry to hear about her health problems.

I saw your old Chevy pickup on Kijiji here in Edmonton a few weeks back. It appears to be off now, I don't recall what he was asking but it must have been reasonable :)

Glad to see you're back at it, ZZ. This one is going to be awesome again!

I hope your wife is doing better now, sorry to hear about her health problems.

I saw your old Chevy pickup on Kijiji here in Edmonton a few weeks back. It appears to be off now, I don't recall what he was asking but it must have been reasonable :)

Thanks, the wife is doing better now so we're going take the Hennway to the Queen City Cruise in Nelson B.C., Sept 9-10, first time out to a show this year.
The Packard has been off to a slow start and now I'm enlarging my backyard shed to move my car habit out of the house garage -but- I will get it here and get a start on it before going south for the winter.
Good to hear the Chevole' is still out there, I had fun building that one :cool:

Due to my wife's progressive mobility problems, it has become clear that my house garage/workshop of 25 years has to move to the back yard so the garage can return to being just a .... garage.
So this means a rebuild and enlargement of my 20x22 existing shed which has already had a lean-to added to get that size. The big Ash tree had to go (that was some fun..) so I can pour a 20x14 slab beside the shed, demo the lean-to and rebuild it to end up with a 20x36 shop. Concrete poured today so now I can complete the reno to lockup stage since the Packard coupe body is finally arriving next week.
In the last pic you can see it's another smoky day, so many wildfires this year, record high temps and virtually no rain since June, this latest haze is blowing up from Washington State where they are pretty much in the same boat for weather..

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 66
Due to my wife's progressive mobility problems, it has become clear that my house garage/workshop of 25 years has to move to the back yard so the garage can return to being just a .... garage.
So this means a rebuild and enlargement of my 20x22 existing shed which has already had a lean-to added to get that size. The big Ash tree had to go (that was some fun..) so I can pour a 20x14 slab beside the shed, demo the lean-to and rebuild it to end up with a 20x36 shop. Concrete poured today so now I can complete the reno to lockup stage since the Packard coupe body is finally arriving next week.
In the last pic you can see it's another smoky day, so many wildfires this year, record high temps and virtually no rain since June, this latest haze is blowing up from Washington State where they are pretty much in the same boat for weather..
Nice looking expansion project. I wish I had room for more room to fill up.

Oregon is pretty much in the same boat, fire and weather wise, also.

Latest posts

Back