New 2"X72" Belt Sander

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbucket

I've wanted a new 2"x72" belt sander for a while, but at over $1,000 minimum it wasn't happening any time soon.

So I built my own! So far it works pretty good, for the $150 I have into it.

Attachments

• Sander.jpg
    Sander.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 39
I think a belt sander would be a handy peace of equipment in a shop,I used the neighbors to angle grind an ls exhaust manifold to roll it into the block to clear the steering box I think I’m going to build one to, when I get time yours looks good

Tell us more. Three wheels look alike. What are they from and what's the larger drive wheel from? Inquiring minds need to know!

So far it's been working better then I thought it would.

The plans I found on the internet, sorry no link, but there is lots of them available.

The 3 Idler pulleys are actually 2 1/2" skateboard wheels, mounted on 5/16 bolts.

The main drive pulley, came from Original Blade Maker in Oregon. Since I had a slow speed motor, (1750rpm) it needed a 5" drive pulley.

My motor is a little under powered, its a 3/4 hp I had kicking around, I recommend at least a 1hp, bigger if you wanted.

Latest posts

Back