‘52 Willys Pick Up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. Your bride uses the same CAD system as I do.:eek: [ddd [cl
Looks better with the box lower.:cool: :cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Tried and proven method for sure. She did a good job with it.
Thanks Torchie.

X2 Cardboard aided design?

I had to explain the "CAD" method to her. She said its just like tracing a pattern when she in her sewing mode.

The best thing about that CAD system, updates only involve more cardboard. :D

And Patience!!

I still make cardboard templates then lay them out flat so I can draw them on my cad for the CNC plas to cut :p

We do alot of things the same way Old Iron. Does that make us right?
That's on my list of things to do while I'm resting this week end. Get it in the computer and cut the new floors out. The nice thing about this one is both sides mirror each other. Just one pattern flipped.

Progress....

Pulled the bed off to put the fuel pump/fuel level sending unit in it to check for clearance. Perfect with room to spare.

We got the bed set where it needs to be. Working on mounts. Slow and steady.

While it was off we got the brake line, fuel lines, and wiring harness for rear of truck in the frame. I'm liking this donor thing. Easy Peasy!!!!

I'm sure we will have the bed off another time or two before its all said and done.

Attachments

• IMG-1133.jpg
    IMG-1133.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-1138.jpg
    IMG-1138.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-1139.jpg
    IMG-1139.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-1140.jpg
    IMG-1140.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-1129.jpg
    IMG-1129.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 26
It's been a slow day. I needed to take a day off and rest up a little.
I did manage to get the wife's "CAD" work into the computer. Probably cut them Monday and see if she gets to do the future template layout work.

I slipped off for a little alone time and flew my drone down by the river and got the greatest shot of a eagle. There is a nesting pair down there some where and he came after the drone. I've never had that experience before. When I saw him coming I just hovered in place and he flew with in what looked like about 10 to 15 feet. Really Kooool. I won't go back to that area till late summer so I don't disturb the wild life.

Turned out to be a great day of rest and relaxation with a little excitement.

Attachments

• IMG-1151.jpg
    IMG-1151.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-1142-3jpg.jpg
    IMG-1142-3jpg.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 43
Amazing photo! Fantastic!

It was really a thrill!

That's a great shot of the eagle. Did the drone come equipped with a camera?

Yes it does. During our trip to Alaska I met a guy up there that was taking some fantastic pics with a drone. We got to talking and he said he was going to upgrade and he made me a heck of a deal on the one he was flying.
I spent about 4 days In "flight school" with him and now I'm hooked.

It takes really good pictures most of the time. When it doesn't it's always my fault. I'm still learning.

That photo needs to be printed and framed. [cl

We have a place in our sun room that my bride and I call the wall of fame.
Every year we each pick our best two photos ,frame them and hang them on the wall.

When I showed her the eagle pic yesterday she said ''That's one for the wall".
Coming from her that's a compliment. Then she chewed me out for not inviting her when I went down to the river.

Yes we are kinda competitive around here.

Pops,, ive just caught up on that eagle picture.. beautiful pic man just beautiful .. they sure area majestic bird

Latest posts

Back