New toy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you have it working good now and it's already saving you money. [cl[cl

It seems to be working right Dozer. I'm relearning how to operate it, been a few years since I last used one, but it's coming back to me. My biggest test may be my pickup and the wife's Expy's 17" wheels. I want to order her a new set of tires, then take the ones I pull off her car and put on my pickup. They're about 50% tread, so they will last me years on the pickup no more than it's driven. I just can't justify putting new tires on it and them dry rot before the tread wears out. I would just swap wheels with her, but mine are 5 lug and hers are the newer 6 lug, so no dice on that.

Ran into a problem today. These dang newfangled reverse offset wheels don't play well with my old tire machine.:mad: Couldn't get the top breakdown shoe high enough to go over the top of the tire. Ended up doing them the hard way, breakdown wedge and sledgehammer.:mad: Feeling it right now, too. Was able to use it on one to roll the top bead off, but not having the proper bar I couldn't get the back one to do right, ended up using a double bar on the ground. Said the heck with it and dismounted the other one completely on the ground. :( Machine worked great for mounting though, was a lot easier to mount with the tire at waist level instead of laying on the ground.

Unless I can come up with a way to modify the bead breaker, I won't be fooling with anymore reverse offset wheels, I'll just pay somebody to dismount and mount them on one of those newer roller machines. Took me 2.5 hours on two tires that I should have had done in 30 minutes.:( But then again, I don't work as fast anymore as I used too.

Latest posts

Back