Moving an air compressor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd drain the oil if I was going to lay it down.The pumps are cast so it might put some stress hang sideways, could support it with something, wouldn't want it to take a hard blow. Mine came on a pallet, could mount it to one and haul it upright.

I moved mine upright. Just stuck it in the corner of the truck and strapped it in good. My compressor is still on its original pallet after 30 years. :D

Mine is still on the original pallet like skip's
If at all possible, I'd haul it standing up too. sneaky is write on oil removal and supporting the compressor.
Good luck with the move.
[P

Mine wants to walk whenever I run it but I doubt it could walk 200 miles.:D

You've got good advice on moving it already. Good luck.

Yeah, Bama Moving back to Brent where I grew up. Maybe we can meet up after I get moved. It's always good to have a friend with a dump truck.

Cool! Maybe we can get together sometime. Hate to disappoint you though, I pull a flatbed, don't have a dump truck, wish I did sometimes though!

Well the move is on. Sold the house and moved all the contents. I have 2 more weeks to get all the shop stuff moved out. Moving Studebaker truck/Ratrod this week. I haven't tackled the air compressor yet but will this week. I'm going to get a Uhaul so I don't think I will have a problem standing it in the corner and strapping it to the wall.

Biggest problem will be getting it on the truck! I think it took 3 of us to unload mine out of my pickup. Come to think of it, that was 25 years ago! Still on it’s original pallet, and still has the same belt on it!

Well I hadn't been here in a couple of weeks. No wifi . The move is over and all my "stuff" has been moved 225 miles. Back in the old home town of Brent, Al. I was worried about moving the air compressor and it turned out to be a piece of cake with a uhaul and a tractor with a front end loader. The worst thing I had was a metal cabinet with 300 pounds of welding rods. Got moved and on the ground and was going to move with the tractor and ended up turning it upside down. Thankful I had a strap around it but I know everything inside is scrambled. I'm not going to open it until I get my shop built. More adventures in moving later.

Latest posts

Back