intro

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MercuryMac

Builder Junky!
Hello from northern Alberta, Canada. My name is L.B. MacAlister and I'm a retired farmer/trucker, so I've had a lot of driving in my life and still enjoy it. Building is my passion though. I drive a '55 Merc pickup hotrod now and am working on a '36 Ford pick-up; sorry about this, but it started out as a ratrod in the planning stages but evolved into a lowend streetrod instead. I have pictures of the build from somewhere after it was just an armload of junk until now that it's 7/8ths done. I'm just learning the site here so I can't do pictures yet. I sure like the way you guys trade information and tips. Keep on tinkering. L.B.

pics

Hi, This is my barnfind '34 Dodge Brothers still in the shed where I found it and a picture of my banjo steering wheel that I made for a '36 Ford.

Attachments

• car inventory 144.jpg
    car inventory 144.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 0114_DSCF0137 - Copy.jpg
    0114_DSCF0137 - Copy.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 22
about pics

Hi, The red truck is a '55 M-100 Mercury, with a 360 Plymouth a 727 trans, power steering and brakes. The others are build shots in no sane order of a 1936 Ford pick-up. These two are an '87 Ranger frame shortened 14" with flathead and 1979 Mustang four speed transmission with the gearshift moved 11" forward and made to look old.

Attachments

• chassis&cab inback.jpg
    chassis&cab inback.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Ranger chassis black.jpg
    Ranger chassis black.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 15
Belated Welcome from Michigan.....

Nice to have ya and the pickup looks sweet.....also looks like you've got a nice project there.....[cl

Hi,
I was looking at my pictures and thought you might have questions about the artillery wheels on that Ranger frame. I had hoped that they would pass under the traditionalists' radar and not show up as the fakes they are. They are just the stock wheels on the Ranger with the hole surrounds painted flat black. Next time I will grind the holes edges on a rounded bevel before painting the black. The old artillery wheels look like the circumference holes were punched in the hot wheel with a crowbar, whereas the new ones are cut out. Anyhow, these are fake artillery 14" wheels that are a dime a dozen.
Keep on tinkering,
L.B.

Latest posts

Back