intro

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who Cares?? they look good.....phony or not....

Hi,
I was looking at my pictures and thought you might have questions about the artillery wheels on that Ranger frame. I had hoped that they would pass under the traditionalists' radar and not show up as the fakes they are. They are just the stock wheels on the Ranger with the hole surrounds painted flat black. Next time I will grind the holes edges on a rounded bevel before painting the black. The old artillery wheels look like the circumference holes were punched in the hot wheel with a crowbar, whereas the new ones are cut out. Anyhow, these are fake artillery 14" wheels that are a dime a dozen.
Keep on tinkering,
L.B.

Not to worry man.....nobody here would beat you up for thinking out of the box...I think???? [S

Hi,
I didn't think I would get too much guff from you guys about what I make work, but I do have a gripe about those loud, opinionated n'er-do-wells that come up to your car at a show and start judging it. They usually get invited to bring their ride up beside mine and then let me go through theirs with a fine tooth comb and become quite opinionated myself. Their cars seem to be years of work and thousands of dollars away from completion, so no takers yet.
Keep on tinkering,
L.B.

You know what they say.....

Opinions are like butt holes.....everybody has one..lol

Old farmer was out milking his cow...
Had a good rythem going when his son walked up...
Just then a fly flew in the cows ear and shortly after came out of the cows nipple and into the bucket...
Son says "Dad did you see that???"
Old farmer says "Yep, In one ear and out the udder"...

update

Hi,
I've been wiring my '36 for a while now and here's the report. All went well at the extremities, but when I got under the dash and especially going up the steering column I got frustrated a lot. The wiring diagram for a Ranger, that I got off the internet helped a bit but I found out that the color coding was right about 60% of the time, and really hard to read. I went back to the internet site and got the typed version of the colors and they were 80% right so that and lots of guessing and I'm almost done. One signal indicator burned out in the testing so I have to go back to Harley-Davidson and order a new one.
Keep on tinkering. L.B.

Hi Dirtyrat,
Thanks for the offer, but I've got through most of it and the last little bit [the hazard lights and the 12 volt override for the ignition from a remote starter button] is all planned now. Oh, it's a 1987 Ranger pick-up that is my donor. Back in one of my notes I said I shortened the frame 14" but I didn't say that the truck was an extended cab to start with. If I would have bought a standard cab, standard box Ranger I wouldn't have had to cut it at all. Keep on tinkering. L. B.

Latest posts

Back