Chevy Intakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big block intake is much bigger than a small block intake. Longer and wider.

It's nearly impossible to mistake one for the other, especially if you have a motor or another intake to compare.

Sorry, I misunderstood. :eek:

From a photo, port configuration and bolt pattern will tell you the difference.

Small block

attachment.php

Big block

attachment.php

Attachments

• sbc port.jpg
    sbc port.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 65
  • sbc port bbc.jpg
    sbc port bbc.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 63
Went to visit my junk friend today to see the intake. I came away with Edelbrock Victor Jr, a Wein High Rise, a GM aluminum intake and 2 sets of small block headers. The intakes just need a good cleaning. The Edelbrock needs some bolt hole work but can be fixed. The headers need cleaning and painting. Got it all for $20 buck.

Went to visit my junk friend today to see the intake. I came away with Edelbrock Victor Jr, a Wein High Rise, a GM aluminum intake and 2 sets of small block headers. The intakes just need a good cleaning. The Edelbrock needs some bolt hole work but can be fixed. The headers need cleaning and painting. Got it all for $20 buck.

Thief!:eek: You stole that stuff! [ddd[ddd[ddd

I'm not helping you any more! :p

Which GM intake did you get? If it's a Q-jet type, you might get a pretty penny for it. Casting # ????

I got pictures but my wife and I are having a difficult time getting them posted. The GM number is 14057053.

Thanks for the number and the pictures are good. That intake was used on some 305s and 350s from '78-'85. It's nothing special, except for the fact it's half the weight of its cast iron twin.

So, some stock class racers seek these intakes because the rules dictate which casting numbers they can use. They'll bring $50 - $125 or more, depending on condition and how bad somebody wants it.

Latest posts

Back