My 27 is back on the road !!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

The last time I drove my 27 was in November at Turkey Run in Daytona. That was when I experienced death wobble in the front end for the first time in the 26 years I have owned the car.

I tore the front end apart and found that the kingpin bores in the axle had gotten worn out. No sin as this axle was dropped sometime in the 50's and I have put a zillion hard miles on the car over the years. It was just time to put some new parts on it.

I replaced the axle with a 4 inch dropped axle and batwings from Speedway, redid all the bushings and kingpins and did a lot of other stuff that needed done. Today I got it finished and got to drive it for the first time in 5 months. Boy did it feel great ! Car handles like a new car and I forgot how much power it has.

Here are some pictures from today. It is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so I am going to drive it to work. :D

Don

Spent the day cleaning it and getting 5 months of shop dust off of it.

Last edited:
Beautiful weather as of late...glad to see it on the road again...hard not to take the long way around on short errands![cl

Thanks guys. I drove it to work today and parked in the the lot outside. People I work with kept telling me "There are more people taking pictures of your car." :D

Years ago, when I drove it to work , one day I came out and some German tourists were sitting in it, taking pictures of each other. I asked them what they were doing, and they said "Oh, we are just taking pictures !" I guess in Germany cars are public property. [S[S

Tonight my Son Dan and I are taking our two rods to Ft Myers Beach for dinner. That is always fun, lots of cell phones flashing pictures and questions from people. Now I know how Kim Kardashian feels. (well, I don't know how she actually FEELS............uh, you get the point. :eek:)

Don

Thanks guys. I drove it to work today and parked in the the lot outside. People I work with kept telling me "There are more people taking pictures of your car." :D

Years ago, when I drove it to work , one day I came out and some German tourists were sitting in it, taking pictures of each other. I asked them what they were doing, and they said "Oh, we are just taking pictures !" I guess in Germany cars are public property. [S[S

Tonight my Son Dan and I are taking our two rods to Ft Myers Beach for dinner. That is always fun, lots of cell phones flashing pictures and questions from people. Now I know how Kim Kardashian feels. (well, I don't know how she actually FEELS............uh, you get the point. :eek:)

Don

Sounds like a great plan for your evening, Don!

If you get a chance, get some pictures of the two together for us! I also don't know how Kim feels... But I can venture a guess. [ddd

Personally, I don't care how Kim feels, but if ya grow an azz as big as hers, you won't fit in that roadster....[ddd:D

Personally, I don't care how Kim feels, but if ya grow an azz as big as hers, you won't fit in that roadster....

my thoughts also ... LOL

I thought my old front axle was a 4 inch but this new one did drop it down a little lower. Last night I noticed my headlights were shining right in front of me, so I have to adjust them up a little more.

Don

Latest posts

Back