installing a radiator cap on your grill shell

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24dodge

One of the Dodge brothers
This is what I came up with to install a radiator cap on my commercial grill shell. Since i`m using a mustang radiator , I needed to come up with a way to fill the big hole in the top of the shell. I found a pc of exhaust tubing that fit in the hole , then I cut the slots in it like a regular radiator neck and installed it with a sheet metal screw from the back so you can`t see it , then install cap , cheap and easy.

Attachments

• IM000549.JPG
    IM000549.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IM000550.JPG
    IM000550.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IM000551.JPG
    IM000551.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 133
  • IM000552.JPG
    IM000552.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 179
Ha! I really don`t know what that is supposed to be , I picked it up at a swap meet , looks more like a wheel spinner , but thats where it ended up `cause I needed an emblem for the grill

Nice tip.....

Thanks for the tip '24. I am going to do something along that line.
I bought a couple of early Dodge bearing / hub caps.
I have cut one down to just a disk with the DB emblem and it fits flush with the raised opening on my grill shell (which, by the way, I have no idea what the shell is off of :confused:.)
Welding the tube (aluminum) to the back of the disk will let me secure the tube like you did.
The picture below shows a cap, mine doesn't have all the nicks in them.

Attachments

• db1.jpg
    db1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
thats a really good idea , looks great , I was just checking out were you are in russia on google earth , looks like you have big mountains to the east and west of you

Re: Russia...

'24, go to the introductions, page 3, near the bottom.
About #9 in my post I gave a basic intro to my location with a couple of maps.
I am, literally on the beach, no mountains of any height on this island.
Warm today (72, warm for here), but ice in the harbor still.
The current pushes it into the harbor from the open ocean.
See today's photos, drilling rig in distance (blue structure). '22

Attachments

• Chayvo harbor.jpg
    Chayvo harbor.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Beach Walk 005.jpg
    Beach Walk 005.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 16
OK , I see now , I was looking at the dot on the south end of the Island , man that has to be the worlds longest runway at the airport there , looks about 5 miles long , like to get a car on it:D

Latest posts

Back