1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the clear in the hi build primer is the recipe to convert it to a sealer coat as per the PPG formula. That way I don't need to buy two different primers. Depending on the type of paint going on it sometimes painters also put a base color on, like white before a silver or to alter the effect of a transparent mid coat.
Too fancy for me...

Thanks, zz. I haven't painted a car for a long, long time, so it's good to understand what you use and why. :)

Got some color on the doors and trunk, also painted the grille, headlights etc - those parts I shot outside due to space constraints and hung them in the shed to dry, so the color looks all wrong under the feeble shed lights.
Color is pretty close to the traditional Packard Cream shade.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2765.JPG
    IMG_2765.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2766.JPG
    IMG_2766.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 54
sweet! for some reason I had black in mind... [S It`s a beautiful combo with the interior color :cool:

Looks great from here ZZ, and I agree with Dutch - that's a beautiful colour combination.

The exterior color is not what I was expecting either.
[P[P[P

Figgered black didn't you? If it was mine, it would be for sure but the owner wants to have the semi-stock resto look so it fits that theme I guess.

Attachments

• 18439_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
    18439_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Scan0001.jpgc.jpgzzz.jpgzz.jpg
    Scan0001.jpgc.jpgzzz.jpgzz.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 14
Many miles to go yet but it is exciting to splash some color on, hopefully I'll get the body done this weekend.

I long to be at the place on my build where you are right now. ZZ.:)
I love that cream color. All of the high end autos of the prewar era had a color like that.
Going to be a very classy ride.[cl :D :cool: :cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

That's going be a great color combo. How old is you customer? I don't think anyone under 50 would ever think to go that route.

It's lookin' to me, like a wolf in sheep's clothing... but I agree completely. You're not likely to find another Packard built this way or any other way for that matter!

Gathered up all my courage, thought mellow thoughts and tried to channel Larry Watson or Von Dutch :D:D
Nah, just filled the gun and started the big squirt. Went pretty good, no runs :eek:, some junk to sand off but I'll be color sanding anyway.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Just finished, lifted up my crummy plastic wall to get out, and it swooshed back and stuck onto the rear valance. :mad: What a pi$$ off :( Oh well, sand it out tomorrow and respray that corner....

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2776.JPG
    IMG_2776.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2778.JPG
    IMG_2778.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2779.JPG
    IMG_2779.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 42
nothing like the smell of fresh paint in the morning.... looks great. I love the color. How about some strawberry cheese cake... red guts and white wheels :cool:

no flies... :) I had a mosquito swimming around in the last coat in the middle of the roof of my Belvedere wagon... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back